http://services.runescape.com/m=news/th ... ta-sign-up
morituri te salutant

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Wolvin God

The Evolution of Combat: Beta Sign-Up

Post by WolvinGod » Tue May 22, 2012 2:02 am

As announced last week, one of the most eagerly anticipated and frequently requested updates will be launching in RuneScape this summer. The Evolution of Combat project will see the biggest change to any system in RuneScape's history and, as if that wasn't exciting enough, RuneScape members will also be able to apply to take part in our first ever limited access closed beta.

All those wishing to apply for the beta and gain exclusive access to the update before everyone else will be able to sign up for the chance to take part from the 1st June. Beta players will not only be the first to get to grips with the new combat mechanics but will also have the unique opportunity to help test and shape the dynamics of the update ahead of its full release later this year.
combat1-18140712.jpg
combat1-18140712.jpg (151.45 KiB) Viewed 4839 times

By taking part in the beta and showing us your best use of swordplay, eagle-eyed archer's tricks and esoteric wizard's gambits, you'll be working with us to create a battle system that's fluid, interactive, and well and truly built for you. Over the coming weeks we will be revealing some of the incredible new features to whet your appetite, but remember to sign up on the 1st June to ensure you don't miss out on the chance to take part.

Full details of how to register for the beta along with some tantalising teasers will be announced on http://www.runescape.com. The first batch of beta testers will be able to enter the game on the 26th June with all members gaining access shortly after. All members interested in taking part will be granted beta access before the full release, but we encourage you to register as early as possible to be in with a chance of being among the first to experience the update.
combat2-18140831.jpg
combat2-18140831.jpg (134.65 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
The closed beta will only be open to RuneScape members, so if you want to be in with a chance of experiencing the new combat system, be sure to sign up for RuneScape membership before the 1st June.

Still itching for more information? Then be sure to tune in to upcoming Behind the Scenes videos for more details about the combat rework announcement and our first ever beta trial.

The RuneScape Content Team
Last edited by Oobz on Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put attachments in spoilers

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Re: New combat system

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

Duplicate threads.
Topic "Beta Sign Up" moved here. :)

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by WolvinGod » Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks, didn't see brads before I posted.

Amor Para Tu
RSN: JDSini

Post by Amor Para Tu » Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 am

I'm still confused on exactly how this will change the game. I guess I need to sign up for the beta.

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Thu May 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Dont think it will change the game any. Not sure Am Just guessing that We are foing to hit differnt. Like Jump up or spin around. I do Not see them Changing the Formula For How hard one hits. That would Probbly Piss people off to much then they have a mass exit agin. But I am Just guessing here.

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by WolvinGod » Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 am

I think it is the overall animation of how everything attacks and such.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri May 25, 2012 3:39 pm

From what I've heard it will be making all monsters and players have weaknesses like that in dungeoneering. Such as how you had to crush a skeleton (range) with a maul while slash and stab are not as effective. Think of waterfiends and how you have to use crush on them, now picture every monster in game now having a particular weakness.

Jagex realizes that a lot of weapons are not used and therefore dead content, so I think they would do something like this so that weapons get a balanced use unlike what it is today (dscim-whip-rapier in terms of level). Also I hear defense is getting a big buff.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm

*sigh* One of the key things I enjoyed about RS was it's simplicity...tbh, too much fluff (sry Fluffy) in the game kind of ruins it for me. I liked that the combat and mechanics were easy to learn. To have to relearn combat techniques over again, as I had to for dunge, is something I'm not exactly happy about doing.

When I first heard of this, I thought it was simply going to be a graphics and emote update...visuals only, ya know? After reading more into it, Star is right...it seems a major overhaul is coming. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

At least I'm already 99 melees & slayer, so hopefully I can avoid it with minimal confusion. =/

Also...an interesting question: IF we do sign up for beta, does our exp gained during it count towards our normal things, or will it be considered separately and it's lost exp between beta & the switch?
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Fri May 25, 2012 7:20 pm

When they released RS2 they removed all the progress you did in the beta test so I guess everything you do in the beta will stay in beta (in other word the XP and loot gained there wont be transfered to the main game after the closure of the beta).
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri May 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I do remember the switch from RSC to RS2 (the first font was horrible, btw) when they allowed you to experiment but not actually gain anything. It might be fun to try...I guess *nervous over change*.
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

I think that I'll probably avoid the beta and wait to see what other people's feedback will be like first... Not really interested in learning loads of new controls especially if they are found to be unwieldy and change them again!

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Sun May 27, 2012 5:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XYqFEPpzW0

A short look at it...no actual gameplay yet. Sounds WAYYYYY overhyped for what I understand is just a streamline of combat rather than an evolution.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sun May 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Is it as sign that I'm getting old that my first thought on seeing Mod Chris L - is OMG He's only 14! - Then my second thought being.. why do people try to grow beards to look older - when it just makes them look younger as you can clearly see their inability to grow a beard?

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

WolvinJake
Inactive
RSN: wolvin jake

Post by WolvinJake » Mon May 28, 2012 2:11 am

whhh i just dont want it to mess up everything so im signing up