Proposed changes to skillweeks.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

The Orange
RSN: The Orange

Proposed changes to skillweeks.

Post by The Orange » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:07 am

So, as we're in an Agility skillweek right now, I've noticed that some people are blasting ahead at very high rates of xp, because of a pre-charged Barbarian Assault horn. I find this a bit unfair to those of us who don't either like or have the time to fill them before skillweek.

My proposed change is that pre-charging horns isn't aloud, and that all charging needs to be done during skillweek. This would make the competition fair to everyone competing.

By the logic that it's aloud to be pre-charged, why shouldn't I be able to save up 50k flash factory points, or 100 effigies prior to skillweek?

These are my thoughts. What do you think?

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: Proposed changes to skillweeks.

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:22 am

I agree with you and brought it up previously, unfortunately the powers that be don't agree with us.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:17 am

I am not bothered by people 'blasting ahead' using their BA horns. However, I agree that allowing them while disallowing so many other saved-up boosts is inconsistent. For example, if I kill Jad tonight, I will finish both the Karamja and Relleka Elite Diaries. Is it fair of me to wait until skillweek, and then use the 330k in lamps from the diaries on Agility, when 99% of the diary tasks were finished before skillweek began? I think not.

The Orange

Post by The Orange » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:06 am

Darth Kaz2 wrote:I am not bothered by people 'blasting ahead' using their BA horns. However, I agree that allowing them while disallowing so many other saved-up boosts is inconsistent. For example, if I kill Jad tonight, I will finish both the Karamja and Relleka Elite Diaries. Is it fair of me to wait until skillweek, and then use the 330k in lamps from the diaries on Agility, when 99% of the diary tasks were finished before skillweek began? I think not.
I'm not bothered by people using them in the least. I'm just bothered by them being allowed to pre-charge the horn.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:21 am

What about when Dungeoneering comes around, can we ban people who can do 19 minute floors because I don't like dungeoneering or take the time to learn it?

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:38 am

Thats different Trix. Fast dung takes lots of learning and effort. All the required effort is also during skill week and not before. With the ba horn all the effort is done before skill week and then you can just take the rewards. If the time taken to ba happened during skill week this would be different.

As great of a job the top players have/are been doing I am deff for sure banning pre-charging of horns. Would it be too late to edit in some kind of vote? It would be a fair way of judgement.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:58 am

It all boils down to who has the time to do this or that. I personally don't have the time to even compete. Is that fair? lol nevermind :)

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 am

Why? everyone has the same opportunity to charge a horn. How many hours did we spend charging horns? It's not like you just show up and they charge it and you get to use it at an advantage. Everyone knew the same length of time ahead that Agility won.

The main complaint is that you either A) dont like BA or B) don't have the time. Well the time issue is the same for everyone. I don't have the time to put the hours into skill week that the top 3 players have put into it so far. The other point about not liking it...well if we start limiting what we can and can't use based on what we like and don't like no one is going to be happy.

In the end it's just a stupid game

Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 am

The main issue for people that disagree is it is an exp bonus that is prior to skill week. A massive one at that, to be honest. Other bonuses are banned. Trix but we do limit other bonuses others -may- like even if they don't enjoy ba. I'm basically wondering why its the exception to the rule, it seems. Either prior boosts should or shouldn't be allowed because the same logic could be applied to effigies. Everyone had the same knowledge agility, mining, rc, whatever was coming up. ..But I better get back to agility!
Last edited by Huzzah on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Orange

Post by The Orange » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 am

TrixStar wrote:What about when Dungeoneering comes around, can we ban people who can do 19 minute floors because I don't like dungeoneering or take the time to learn it?
As Huzzah said, the effort to actually do the floors is during the skillweek, you aren't gathering up free xp and using it during skillweek. If you were using tokens previously gained, then it would be a different story.

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:09 am

The other things that are banned though certain people have an advtange. The quests that if youre a higher level are easier for you to do. The effigies, I can camp glacors non stop and get 40 effigies in week when probably 80% of the clan can't do that. Those are banned for certain reasons. Pretty much everyone can play BA.

and technically you've taken the time and effort BEFORE skill week to learn how to key and run 19 minute floors. You also have an advantage b/c that makes getting a team easier for you since you're a fast keyer.

Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 am

Well I personally find ba annoying. I don't enjoy playing it. Because of this I seem to get a handicap? Hows that fair? Also what about the people who don't have time to invest the select few days before skillweek preparing their horn? They lose out as well. Theres lots of ways people could be effected.

I think its no different then other types of prior earnt exp bonuses and should be treated as such.

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 am

I find it personally annoying that the same 7 skills win over and over but yet everyone votes for them b/c they "need the push" to train that skill. Just because you don't like doing BA doesn't mean people that do shouldn't be allowed to make this annoying skill easier and more fun to train (getting faster exp) makes it more fun for some people.

I thought the whole reason that people chose the same skills over and over was b/c they either liked them or it made them feel the urgency to train them. If that's the case why does it matter who uses what in any skill week if it's just about training that skill for "fun"

Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 am

"No bonus XP collected PRIOR to skillweek may be used for these items"

Your personal feelings aside about skill week selection nobody is saying that ba should be banned. If you enjoy ba and want to use the horn all the power to you. We're just saying that it should be trained during skill week like many other items and mini game rewards have to be obtained. There is no reason this mini game should be an exception. Also as much as skill week is based on fun many people also like to compete. It blows them out of the water when someones allowed pre-banked exp.

The Orange

Post by The Orange » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 am

Huzzah wrote:"No bonus XP collected PRIOR to skillweek may be used for these items"

Your personal feelings aside about skill week selection nobody is saying that ba should be banned. If you enjoy ba and want to use the horn all the power to you. We're just saying that it should be trained during skill week like many other items and mini game rewards have to be obtained. There is no reason this mini game should be an exception. Also as much as skill week is based on fun many people also like to compete. It blows them out of the water when someones allowed pre-banked exp.
You've said it better then I ever could.