Top Slayer Tasks? Blocked Tasks?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Top Slayer Tasks? Blocked Tasks?

Post by Huzzah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Hiya Koa. So I was just thinking everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to slayer. I figured it might be neat to see what other clannies like slaying and those tasks we can't stand. Feel free to explain choices or just give us a list, doesn't matter! =)

Top 10
-------

Aberrant spectres - I love ranging these things to be honest. Esp with a Mccaw (Spelling?) they're easy and they drop a good amount of high level herbs.
Abyssal demons - Quite fun to range or mage to be honest. They also drop a whip, although the value has dropped its still a exciting thing to see.
Black Demons - One of the more disliked tasks I assume but I've always enjoyed them even outside of slayer. Decent for effigies and crimsons.
Black Dragons - I'm a sucker for any dragon task to be honest but I really enjoy these. Awesome profits and easy to kill.
Dust devils - They're super easy and I was lucky enough to get a dragon chain off them. Still one of my most suprising drops to date.
Desert strykewyrms - They require a lot of attention but they drop pretty awesome for their level and now you don't need water as a bonus.
Ganodermic beast - I love maging these guys as I've always been a fan of combat magic. The new staff and armor are also exciting to slay for.
Living rock creatures - These guys can take awhile sometimes although I like mining them for the extra profit and the drops they drop come in handy.
Mutated jadinkos - Have gotten pretty lucky on these guys and got a vine whip 2 out of 3 tasks. Also who wouldn't like throwing down upwards of 400?
Steel (or Iron) dragons - As above I really like dragon tasks. Irons are in close competition for this spot to be honest. Awesome droppers.
*Ice strykewyrms - Haven't completed the quest yet but I head these are a blast. They might just replace something when I do.

Blocked (227 QPs)
-------

Bloodvelds - Just hate these guys. Horrible drops and atleast were crowded when I blocked em. Ick.
Grifolaroo - I'd rather be doing the big guys. They are otherwise decent I guess. :S
Spiritual mages - Easy but I find it takes too much effort to get there for the drop values currently.
Waterfiends - Prob the best charm droppers in the game but horrrible to range.
*Aquanites - Not blocked because I use Kuradel. They're annoying though.

...and you? :)
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Re: Top Slayer Tasks? Blocked Tasks?

Post by Gridenough » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:42 pm

I love dragon assignments and other monsters that are predictable and have decent drops. Warped tortoises are very good.

I only recently acquired a real admiration for having a familiar fight with me, but that adds to the appeal of the warped tortoise because they are in a multi-combat zone so I can have a familiar fight with me.

I really hate hellhounds and other monsters with low/no drops. Dusties pretty much fit this category because mostly they don't drop anything worth picking up. Same applies to kalphites: there is the occasional decent drop but mostly it is nothing worth the time to pick up. The soldiers do have a multi-combat area near the potato fungus, and that is worth picking up, so that is a redeeming factor.

I also hate dealing with monsters that are too low (crawling hands, bloodvelds) that get assigned when you haven't had a task for a while. It is sort of like going to Lumby and fighting goblins or cows. You might have reason to do 1 or 2, but why would you want to do 120?

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Post by serame » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 pm

My slayer level is still pretty low, so I don't get really good drops anyway. Because of that, I like assignments where I can stay until I am finished and not have to bank all the time, like hellhounds, aberrant spectres, and dusties.

I do like dragons for the bones, and waterfiends (I'm not sure why), and I think warped torts are my favorite. I have to bank a lot, but with the spirit tree it's easy.

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi All
I share a lot of likes with all of you and dislikes. I have only two things blocked, bloodvelds and warped terrorbirds. Reason for that is the drops don't make it worthwhile. My favourites are warped tortoises, all dragons and strykewyrms.

Du

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

If you've done the seergazer quest you should deifnitely NOT block bloodvelds.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 pm

I've never blocked a task.
morituri te salutant

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 am

Mith dragons only one Blocked Since I got my 99 Slayer am In no rush. So pretty much Do all of them Except Mith dragons.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOaw4Nzrf8

Some of the top tasks and ripping through them.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 am

Dr Brad wrote:I've never blocked a task.
I too am also 'dead 'ard' and dont block tasks!

Dragon20208
Inactive
RSN: Dark TempIar

Post by Dragon20208 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 pm

I've blocked black demons and warped terrorbirds.
I plan on unblocking black demons once I'm higher combat lvl and only blocked warped terrorbirds cause i don't like them.
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Dark_Tempiar][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/blue/pos ... empiar.png[/img][/url] [url=http://rsig.eu/u/Dark_Tempiar][img]http://advlog.rsig.eu/23089/Dark_Tempiar.png[/img][/url]
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Mjoltiny
RSN: Mjoltiny

Post by Mjoltiny » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Ooh la la I almost forgot how much I love the warped torty, thanks for the reminder. You'd think as a ranger I'd love combat maging, but apparently I don't... it feels so completely slow, vulnerable and tedious :/ as a result I think I'll be blocking the new dungeon entirely. My only blocked task right now though? Terror dogs... blargh!!!!

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, since I got 99 Slayer I haven't done much of it...but my preference has always been anything you can use the Dwarf Cannon on. Abby Specs, Mutated Velds, and Dags in particular are extremely fast exp when using the Cannon.

Second to Cannon Tasks, I like relaxing tasks, either where I am in no danger and can AFK, such as Hellhounds and Greaters, or tasks where I use prayer and so take no damage, like Dark Beasts or Dragons.

Finally, like all of us, I look forward to a good drop or two once in a while. Abby Demons, Jadinkos, etc are fun for the drop anticipation.

I block: Waterfiends, Warped Terrorbirds, Black Demons, and Aquas. I find them all stressful to kill, and the drops unexciting.

numbaz878
RSN: 878327483427

Post by numbaz878 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:11 pm

i blocked hellhounds, i dont really like them, they don't drop anything valuable either.

Q Knuckles Q
RSN: CobraMaster

Post by Q Knuckles Q » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:12 am

currently my blocks are:
Kalphites (boring, weak and poor)
Scabarites (annoying)
and once I get another 100 points:
Steel Dragons (too tough in a single combat area)