Jagex-sponsored RWT: Refer A Friend Programme

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Jagex-sponsored RWT: Refer A Friend Programme

Post by Tamal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm livid about this: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 2,63114921
All you need to do is Refer A Friend through our programme and, if your friend subscribes within two weeks of joining, you'll receive a 10% XP boost for one week.
Mod Nexus: You could refer yourself...
In short, pay $30 and get five weeks of 10% bonus.

Full text below.
17-Aug-2011 - Refer a Friend to Receive an XP Boost!

RuneScape can be great fun to play with others, whether you're starting a clan, aiming for a skill milestone or taking on a boss. So, to help with this, you can now invite your friends to join you in RuneScape and we'll offer them items and extra XP, with the possibility that you could earn an XP multiplier too!

All you need to do is Refer A Friend through our programme and, if your friend subscribes within two weeks of joining, you'll receive a 10% XP boost for one week. You can receive up to five of these boosts in a year, so it is a great way for you to level up on those harder to attain skills.

Also, to help your friend when they start out, and get them closer to your own levels, they will receive a x2 XP multiplier to any skills they train in their first seven days of playing. So, this gives them the opportunity to rise up combat levels quickly as they fight against creatures of RuneScape, or reap the benefits when practising other skills. The x2 multiplier cannot be used to take a skill beyond level 30.

You may only refer someone using the Refer A Friend programme if they create a new account that has not played RuneScape previously.

You and your friend will be automatically added to each other's friends list, and your friend will receive a special cracker which they'll need to pull in order to receive a special starter pack of weapons, armour, cake and coins.

There are no limits on the skills that these multipliers can be used on. For full details of how the XP boosts work, please see here.

To start referring your friends now, please visit the Refer A Friend link in the Account Menu. For more information on the programme take a look at the FAQ below.

Mod Nexus
RuneScape Product Manager
Refer A Friend FAQ

What is the Refer A Friend programme?

Mod Nexus: A lot of our players found RuneScape through word of mouth, so why not use this optional programme to invite your friends, help them get started on their adventures and unlock some benefits for yourself.

Can I refer an existing player?

Mod Nexus: This promotion is only valid for new accounts that are created after the Refer A Friend programme has been launched.

Can I refer myself?

Mod Nexus: You could refer yourself if you wanted to create a second account as a pure or hybrid character for example. However, your main account would not receive the 10% boost unless that account subscribed as well.

Can I refer a friend who has played other Jagex products?

Mod Nexus: Yes, as long as they create a new RuneScape account.

What happens if I remove my referred friend from my friends list?

Mod Nexus: This will not affect any multipliers you may earn or have already unlocked, it'll simply remove them from your friends list.

How do I know if my friend has been referred or if they've subscribed?

Mod Nexus: We'll keep you informed of any key events such as when you're friend has made an account through to when you can activate your bonus XP. You can also check your Referral history when logging into the Refer A Friend page to see past referrals and other useful info.

What is in the cracker and how does my friend use it?

Mod Nexus: The cracker (not the one with party hats inside) will be given to your friend upon creating an account. Your friend will be added to your friends list, so meet them in-game and help them pull the cracker! It contains a few useful items to help a new player get started, from existing weapons and armour to 500 coins of ‘spending' money, and a bit of cake. Everyone loves cake!

How does the 100% XP boost for my friend work?

Mod Nexus: The new account can earn a 100% XP boost in all skills up to level 30 for the first 7 days from the moment the account logs in. This is to help new players "“catch up” to their friends and allows them to access a greater variety of the early game content and quests slightly faster than normal.

How does the 7 day Bonus XP for me work?

Mod Nexus: If a friend that you've referred through the programme subscribes within 14 days of creating their account, you'll unlock access to a 10% XP boost that lasts for 7 days that you can use at any time. You can save these up (to a maximum of 5 at a time) and choose when to activate it to suit your skilling needs (up to 5 per year from the first boost activated).

Does the boost multiplier show on my XP globe?

Mod Nexus: The XP bonus shows on the XP drop down interface, so you should be able to see the extra XP you're earning.

How can I check the duration of my XP boost?

Mod Nexus: You can see the history of any boosts used when logged into the Refer A Friend page. You will be able to work out how long you've got left if you've activated one recently.

Can I activate more than one of my 7 day boosts at a time?

Mod Nexus: You can activate more than 1 at a time, however, this will just increase the duration from 7 to 14 days etc.

Do the various XP Boosts stack with Bonus XP weekends?

Mod Nexus: The 7 day 10% XP boost will not "“stack” or "“multiply” with the benefits of a Bonus XP weekend (as the effect from the latter is always greater or equal to 10%). Your friend however will benefit from whichever multiplier is greater of the two effects. For example, the 100% boost will take precedence over the Bonus XP weekend when it would naturally drop below the 2.0x multiplier. Don't worry though, we'll let you know about any future Bonus XP weekends more than 7 days in advance so you can ensure they don't overlap.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: Jagex-sponsored RWT: Refer A Friend Programme

Post by Dave » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Wow. Bs.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Are you kidding me?? They might as well hang a sign "We love Bots". I truly can't believe this, as if it's not bad enough that skills are being made easier every day... and now this... I'm getting closer to just quitting .. it's just so frustrating. :evil:
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Ridiculous. So sick of these promos and offers. It's truly become a business first, game second now.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Benefit to the Average Player: Minimal...10% boost for a week of play...big whoop.

Benefit to the Average Cheating Bot-Owner: Not bad. With a bot on 24/7, it should help the botting community somewhat.

Benefit to the Average Chinese Sweat-Shop Owner: Priceless! Xie Xie, Jagex!! (That's 'Thank You' in Chinese)

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

ugfh, Hope this isn't replacing BXPW
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

Post by Universal NZ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 pm

the was my final push....
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.

lil zipperz
Inactive
RSN: zZIPPERZz

Post by lil zipperz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 pm

magerpainz wrote:ugfh, Hope this isn't replacing BXPW
OMG the more I think about, this is actually plausible.. :roll: :cry: :cry: %-( :((
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Zzipperzz][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/purple/p ... pperzz.png[/img][/url][img]http://koaclan.info/sigs/2011-07_Fishing_2nd.jpg[/img]

[color=#BF0040]Most of my posts are unsuitable for any sort of work, or home viewing.[/color]
[color=#40BF80][b]There is no Real Life, only AFK[/b][/color]

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:05 pm

:evil: :-& :evil: :-& :evil: :-& Ugh.

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:56 am

Do the various XP Boosts stack with Bonus XP weekends?

Mod Nexus: The 7 day 10% XP boost will not "“stack” or "“multiply” with the benefits of a Bonus XP weekend (as the effect from the latter is always greater or equal to 10%). Your friend however will benefit from whichever multiplier is greater of the two effects. For example, the 100% boost will take precedence over the Bonus XP weekend when it would naturally drop below the 2.0x multiplier. Don't worry though, we'll let you know about any future Bonus XP weekends more than 7 days in advance so you can ensure they don't overlap.

Refer a bot program for the win -.-

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 am

I've already signed up my five accounts woo hoo!

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:46 am

Jagex has Jumped In Bed With the ( Rainey group) With a 6 billionDollar Assets. Now they Dont Tell Jagex what to do. But they Suggest To them. get Sales up. I have talked to tamal about this Several Times. IMO Jagex Will Sell. They are a small game Compaired To Warcraft.
if they want to expand They need this Backing to do so.

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 am

Jagex needs to take it back to game first business second!!!

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:26 am

Just signed up my 15th refer friend from my third main account weeeeee