Pest Queen

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

quinoa mama
RSN: Quinoa Mama

Pest Queen

Post by quinoa mama » Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 pm

She's giving me a terribly hard time. I've tried killing her 4 times this week. The 1st 3 times were disasters. This last time I actually got her hitpoints to about 50%. Maybe next time I'll get her!

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Re: Pest Queen

Post by TrixStar » Mon May 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Are you making sure to kill the "offspring" that come off her and attack your rangers? make sure all 8 rangers live and use your special move on the korasi sword when she does her special.

quinoa mama
RSN: Quinoa Mama

Post by quinoa mama » Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I am doing that. I wonder if my armor isn't right. I just run out of food before I can really get her good. Also, my att/str/def are all around 81, so kinda low. I've been bringing verac's helm, karil's top and bottom pieces, dragon boots, dragon gloves, fury, anti-dragon shield, a spirit kyatt w/ambush scrolls, 10 sara brews, 5 super restores, and the rest rocktails.

Sunni Ray
RSN: Sunni Ray

Post by Sunni Ray » Tue May 17, 2011 2:38 am

Have you tried taking a tortoise full of food instead of a kyatt, that really helped me. Recover specials help too if you have the herb level to make them.

Dager
RSN: Dager007

Post by Dager » Tue May 17, 2011 3:15 am

Snag the guys attacking the rangers behind the Queen's big fat ass and the fight will go much smoother.

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

Post by Universal NZ » Tue May 17, 2011 3:25 am

take a war tort or terror bird full of brews then when its run out (empty) switch to your kyatt :)
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue May 17, 2011 4:11 pm

I had really hard time with her too, I was 80 something attack and strength then. Imo the most important part is to time your Korasi specials and thus avoid her special attacks, in the same time luring her offspring to attack you and not let them kill the rangers. The recovery special potions were what actually helped me kill her, I was able to use the special on her constantly and the special hits her real hard. ( basicly my 80+ att and str were almost doing no damage)

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed May 18, 2011 2:11 am

Change over to melee gear and not karils as well.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Apart from trapping the rangers, they kyatt in the end; other thing that helped me is turning the audio way up. It was easier to anticipate her attacks, and time the korasi sword special through audio than watching out for animation.

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Wed May 18, 2011 5:15 pm

First priority is to cancel the pest queen special. Second one is to pull the pests attack toward you and make sure that they won't attack your allays, Finally, if you have time left you may attack the pest queen. Also when the healer appear instantly attack them unless the queen uses her special.
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 pm

I have to say that this was my favourite quest boss. It was pretty challenging, took me a while to get the right mix of pots and food. I think that I might have even used a unicorn to heal, which saved some inv space. Korasi spec obviously is awesome, but as the others say, I made sure that everythgin else was killed first, so that I had a full collection of rangers. Once, I got to 5 or 6 rangers, who helped a lot. I'd definitely like to do that boss again.

Q Knuckles Q
RSN: CobraMaster

Post by Q Knuckles Q » Mon May 23, 2011 12:22 am

The pest queen took me 5 tries to beat. The first try I came without a familiar, I lost. 2nd try I had terrorbird, I lost. 3rd try I had kyatt, I lost. 4th try I got tortoise and kyatt, I lost again. But 5th time I used Serpentine, my trusty cobra, and won. I don't know how it happened, but my cobra was all good.