Just looking for some friendly advice

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

gk willie
Inactive
RSN: gk willie

Just looking for some friendly advice

Post by gk willie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:56 pm

I just the other day got my strength up to 90. woohoo!! Took forever it seems. my defense is 84, attack is 83. I'm thinking what I will do next is raise my defense to 85, i'm only like 110k away, then get my attack to 90, then my defense to 90. Or do you think i'd be better off just working on my strength? so many decisions to make. lol I'm just wondering what route you guys and gals went down with your own stats when you started to get into the 90's. Thanks for the info.

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: Just looking for some friendly advice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

I would train all the stats with shared exp because I think every stat is important..

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm

gk, i try to keep the stats equal at each level, so that it does not get boring. Example get str to 71, next atk to 71, next def to 71 and repeat. when I had to level for diaries or quests, I followed the same method for fishing-cooking, mining-smithing, woodcutting-firemaking combinations.

Anne Bonney
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Anne Bonney

Post by Anne Bonney » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 pm

I wasn't really after leveling any of the combat stats, my goal was leveling slayer. The combat stats were just a side effect.

I leveled them each equally until I reached 93. 93 being a significant number, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, love is the law, love under will and all that. Then I began to level each one at a time in an order that made personal sense to me.

Esme94
Inactive
RSN: Esme Foster

Post by Esme94 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Personally I found I had more motivation if I concentrated on them one at a time. Attack was my highest so I did that until I got to 99, then I concentrated only on Strength until that was 99 then, relieved that I could use a whip again having finished with Strength, I trained Defence until 99. I'm not sure if there is any advantage whichever way you do it, I guess it just comes down to personal preference. :)

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Esme94 wrote:Personally I found I had more motivation if I concentrated on them one at a time. Attack was my highest so I did that until I got to 99, then I concentrated only on Strength until that was 99 then, relieved that I could use a whip again having finished with Strength, I trained Defence until 99. I'm not sure if there is any advantage whichever way you do it, I guess it just comes down to personal preference. :)
Pest control doesn't count.

KevinsLunchbox
Inactive
RSN: Kevins a God

Post by KevinsLunchbox » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I'd get my attack and defense to 85 then go for that 99 strength if I were you. I prefer even stats, thats why I had 80 att,str and then just mass trained def. I now have 91 def and 81 att,str.

Dvdrak
RSN: Dvdrak

Post by Dvdrak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Always trained combat via slayer never trained combat just to train combat. Personally I trained on controlled style until my strength got ahead of the others due to using the "crush" style useful on certain monsters. When my levels got into the mid 90's I trained attack to 99 only training strength on certain monsters. I will still have 99 attack, defense, and strength by 97 slayer. If I had advice for you, train the combat style you enjoy the most, if you don't have a preference train attack and defense to 90. Try not to level either one past 99 with the others lagging behind. There is no benefit having 20 million in lets say attack and 82 defense. Just my two cents (and being just two cents it may not be worth that much :) ) Have fun leveling.

PhelimReagh
Inactive
RSN: Sean na Gael

Post by PhelimReagh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Congrats on 90 strength.

I have no idea if this is still true since I haven't really played in quite some time, but the fastest XP/hour was always training with a Whip + Rune Defender. So over the long haul, if you have the discipline, using your Whip on "Controlled/Shared XP" will get you all 99s faster than any other mix and match routine.
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/leaves/male ... a_Gael.png[/img][/url]
[size=85]I'm bitter that Jagex has spent $50+ million of RS subscriptions developing other games instead of improving RS. If you're reading one of my posts and I even allude to Dungeoneering as a "skill" instead of minigame, keep that in mind.[/size]

Esme94
Inactive
RSN: Esme Foster

Post by Esme94 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 am

TrixStar wrote:
Esme94 wrote:Personally I found I had more motivation if I concentrated on them one at a time. Attack was my highest so I did that until I got to 99, then I concentrated only on Strength until that was 99 then, relieved that I could use a whip again having finished with Strength, I trained Defence until 99. I'm not sure if there is any advantage whichever way you do it, I guess it just comes down to personal preference. :)
Pest control doesn't count.
Oops, you're right! Sorry Trix, I should have remembered! Well, what can you expect from a Pest Control noob.... :P

Muto
Inactive
RSN: Mr Muto

Post by Muto » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:22 am

I usually went with the train attack to 90, then strength, then defense. Then got them all to 95, then did each to 99. Worked for me, but to each his own I guess.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 am

I tried to keep all my mellee stats level, up until level 90. I then bought an ss and slayed until I reached 99 STR. I have sold the ss and am now doing def until 99, then att!

Kaye
RSN: Kayezz

Post by Kaye » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Anne Bonney wrote: do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I almost got a tattoo to that effect :o

anyway... i trained all to 90 1st,
starting with def then atk, str, rng, magic
then repeated that order to 95, then again from 95-99 (kinda like muto :wink: )... i think def is the most useful to start with, high def makes training the rest of you combat stats much easier imo
i trained mostly through slayer, with some occasional power training on the side... especially when i got around lvl98+ ; i just wanted to be done with it :lol:

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm

What I did is train str/def/att to 80-ish, and then I focus train str to 99. The bigger hits meant more xp per hit when training def/att, and they went a faster because of it, especially training with the whip.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

I got strength, attack and defence to about level 85. Then I just went to get 99 strength, 99 attack and 99 defence in that order. By the time I reached 99 defence, I got 99 hitpoints (constitution?) too. Having a high defence doesn't really matter with most monsters in my opinion, that's why I picked that as my last to get.
KoA achievements