Penance / Master Penance Horn.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

dufyman
Inactive
RSN: dufyman

Penance / Master Penance Horn.

Post by dufyman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:44 am

Has anyone done any testing on the horn? I have looked around the net and found a lot of inconclusive evidence about it. I guess my real question is...Is the time it takes to charge the horn pay off in less time to train, or is just better to train without?

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Re: Penance / Master Penance Horn.

Post by onezerobin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:42 pm

My conclusions

1. Assuming you do 10 rounds of BA with the best team possible, it takes 250 mins, i.e. almost 4-5 hours to charge your penance horn. It gives say around 600k bonus xp. i.e 120k xp to 150k xp bonus per hour of BA. So it depends if you can beat this xp without the horn.
2. In my case I might assume I will take around 35 mins in BA world to finish one wave. That is around 6 hours. 100k bonus xp per hour.
3. For agility at medium levels (not the Dorgueskahan), it makes sense to have the horn. Same for firemaking.
4. For mining it is little different. Each sc pickaxe gives around 15k bonus xp (except for rune).You can get atleast 5 pickaxes in 1 hours of sc. That is 75k bonus xp per hour. If you land your self at living rock caverns you get easy 50k xp /hr (without any bonus).
I would prefer to get myself some sc pickaxes than BA horn (even though xp is low), because BA team hunting is painful.
5. I would say if there is a good team, go for it and try it atleast once.

My conclusions are based on the facts below.

Based on some digging around here are some facts I found written by others (Personally, I never filled the penance horn).

1. you do NOT get the same amount of exp in the horn for every wave, and it does still matter, greatly, how you play. (i.e., not all roles get the same amount of xp)
2. From one source It took 11 1-10 runs, and a 1-9 run to fill up. I kep looking and some people clam it takes 8-9 rounds.
3. A player will get approximately 1/8-1/10 of a full horn everytime going from wave 1-10
a master penance horn takes 10 queen kills (100 total waves) to fully charge
4. The fastest way for a a complete (1-10) game is is 1 maxed attacker, 1 healer, 1 collector, 2 defender, takes around 25min. Pretty close to a game of fast sc.
5. The double exp from the Penance master horn stacks with the Sacred Clay tools.
6. The ring and gloves stack but DO NOT double the percentage to 10%.
7. the mining xp for master penance horn lasts from 1.2mxp-1.3mxp , (Also remember reading similar for firemaking xp)
8. The horn wasn't designed to beat standard method of training, but designed to give you a break from repetitious acts "skills like agility" by playing the mini game barbarian assault you're rewarded with whats called potential exp. So no, the horn does not save time. (I do not how this statement was made)

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Or just ask Ed and/or Beef, I know they use them!

JamesW
Inactive
RSN: J Walter

Post by JamesW » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:11 pm

I personally think that the horn is worth it. It doesn't cut the total time it takes to train in half but it does reduce the time it takes. As Avidr has stated, the horn seems to be more for a break from the repetitious training that is mining, firemaking, and agility. You can have fun at Barbarian Assault (or at Stealing Creation if you like SC picks), instead of doing the same thing over and over again.

I say go for it!

Heavenly SGS
Inactive
RSN: Heavenly SGS

Post by Heavenly SGS » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for that info! I was trying to find some info on the Penance Horn myself consdering I've only played BA once. Has given me some food for thought, thanks Avidr!

Geve
Inactive
RSN: Geve0

Post by Geve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 am

:lol: That is the very horn i was "trumped" out of first place agility week with (Kudos to "james w" and Ed) so im guessing they are experts in this, and I trust their judgement on it :D

dufyman
Inactive
RSN: dufyman

Post by dufyman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:49 am

Wow Avi so much more than I ever expected. :D Thank you for the information. :pirate: