Helping Me Out With the Runecrafting Skill

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Helping Me Out With the Runecrafting Skill

Post by Dima » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 pm

As you might guess, I like the Runecrafting skill. Mainly because it's the best money maker in the game (in par with the Slayer skill), but also because it fuels the Magic skill, which I like as well. Leveling the skill however, is too damn slow. So what I thought is that some of YOU can help ME and get REWARDED for it.
Prior to the logistical problems, let's talk about the rewards. Assuming you have 50 Runecrafting, you will be making grossly around 500k an hour (divide that by two if you don't feel like mining essence), and giving me about 13k exp. All that by just running around for an hour, and only an hour.

Now to the process itself.
The requirements: Completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest, 50 Runecrafting (a lower level means 8 essence/2560 GP less per trip) and either 40 Summoning or Super Energy potions (I'd go for Summoning personally).
The execution: I'll hand you a few Bull Ant or Spirit Terrorbird pouches and their corresponding scrolls. What you'll have to do is to summon your familiar, fill your inventory with scrolls, essence, and pouches full of essence, and run to the Astral altar. Once I'm done crafting my backpack, request assistance from me, and craft your way to happiness - 2 Astral runes per one essence, giving you 13.440 GP per trip assuming you sell each rune for 160 (there's no reason to sell them for less, and if the price goes too low, you just need to wait a few days). Once you're done, wait till I click the Lunar Isle group teleport spell and we're both back to the bank. We'll be doing this for about an hour, so don't forget to tune in to your favourite online radio station.
Lastly, some info on how I calculated the stuff above. I craft around 2,500 essence an hour over the Astral altar (being very familiar with the courses), each trip with 52 essence. Divide 2,500 by 52 and double by 42 (your inventory), and tada.

In case you're wondering by the way, that is in fact roughly 800k an hour, provided by the most underrated skill in the game.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

James Sarin
Inactive
RSN: James Sarin

Re: Helping Me Out With the Runecrafting Skill

Post by James Sarin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Thing is you can only gain 30k for Xp a day with assist. If you calculate you can do the unbalanced trade and just trade money back and forth with the essence. I would leave it up to you to figure out whats fair but I would not mind helping you. I got lunar spells and high crafting my self. I like the skill and I also can get infinit run from ooglog. the ogre spa.
[img]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/James_Sarin.png[/img]
[color=#0000FF][b][size=150]I have my quest cape.[/size] [/b][/color]I did die trying just as predicted. Im proud of my work.
[i][b][size=200][color=#FF0000]Feed me TACOS![/color][/size][/b][/i]

Dementya
Inactive

Post by Dementya » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:06 pm

hmm that's weird, I always thought that you can't take ess in the terrorbird, that would make the abyssal fimiliars completely useless. also I'm pretty sure I remember trying to assist someone with higher level than me and it didn't work, probably because they could do it themselves so why use me.
and of course the 30k exp limit per day, not that 30k rcing exp is useless.

have you actually tested it?
if it works I'll be glad to help.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:11 pm

You can't stuff essence into anything non-Abyssal. Plus, six months old thread.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.