Let's Talk NXT

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Let's Talk NXT

Post by Dima » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Surprised there's still no thread about it.
Personally, I'm both excited and underwhelmed. The good part is, obviously, better draw distance, which I think is about bloody time, and proper support for high resolutions. 2k (2560x1440) is not "the future", it's what you find in every hole that sells computer screens these days. In 2016 it's just going to intensify due to price drops, and 2017 is likely to be the same for 4k (3840x2160). Another thing I love is the sense of space NXT should create. The jump from RS2 to RS3 (textures/resizeable) really made you feel how tiny the game world really is, particularly for wide screen. Glad the Grand Tree is going to be, well, grand, again.
The bummer side is the vast exaggeration of how they describe what NXT is "capable" of. I'm reading this latest news post and I can't shake off the feeling I'm trying to be convinced this is the best thing happening since sliced bread. All of the features they mentioned, and I mean all of them (lighting, shadows, w/e), already exist in games for about ten years in some form or another, if not more. Obviously they can't say "err, yeah, we're bringing the game up to standard", but Jesus, have some modesty. There's games on our phones that look just as good, if not better.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Re: Let's Talk NXT

Post by Deep_Pain » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 pm

I didn't even know this was coming, I guess this is why they are doing nothing about the ui at higher res on current client. Stupidest update ever to allow 4k res on the client, but not update the ui so you can actually see it at 4k. Still its only been a year since they did it.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:05 am

Thanks for the discussion thread, I am looking forward to any graphical update Jagex will give us to improve the overall game experience. What I am truly happy about is that it is being built without limitations of a browser interface, and still run on an average stock pc and graphics card. If you have the hardware to crank up detail .... Even better. Like ve the shoutout for HalfLife 2..... What a great classic 1st person shooter back in the day!

FatFingers23
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: FatFingers23
RSN2: FitFingers

Post by FatFingers23 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 pm

No one has talked about the real thing we know we are all excited for with NXT, They did say it would have a offical Linux client :D :ymparty: