Glitch on Giant Oyster minigame

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Glitch on Giant Oyster minigame

Post by Cally Raven » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:34 pm

I did the new quest Beneath Cursed Tides and went to do the Giant Oyster minigame there but couldn't find the fishing spot for the sea cucumber. The answer I found in RSOF forums as follows:
Hey guys,

I've noticed some players having issues with the new Giant Oyster monthly event that is unlocked after completing the Beneath Cursed Tides quest.

[Q1] I'm receiving a lot of farming xp from the seaweed harvesting, and it's not stopping. Is this a glitch???

[A1] No this is not a glitch. I earned a large amount of xp myself, but it does stop. Keep at it for a minute or so. Remember this is only a monthly event. Monthly events tend to give large xp amounts.

[Q2] I can't find the sea cucumber. Help!

[A2* It is not marked on the mini map, but there is a fishing spot just west of the Giant Oyster in the giant seaweed that borders the area. It is roughly 7-10 squares west of the Giant Oyster where the map border juts out. (I've submitted a ninja fix to add a fishing icon here).
NOTE: If you turn your RuneScape graphics settings up some fishing platform spots appear where you need to be.

[Q3] I'm receiving a lot of fishing xp from the sea cucumber fishing. Is this a glitch???

[A3] As stated in A1, no this is not a glitch. Just keep fishing. You'll eventually stop getting xp, and you'll get the sea cucumber.

Hope that helps some of you out!
Hope this helps :D
Image]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Glitch on Giant Oyster minigame

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks, Cally!
morituri te salutant

Jimmy13