hmmm... what do you think?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

hmmm... what do you think?

Post by SnowAngel » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:53 am

I thought this was interesting. I'm not saying I agree with everything he says but it's something to think about ... :-?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVtc8EZMUY
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Re: hmmm... what do you think?

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:51 am

If I quit every time a big item crashed, I'd have quit about 7,500 times since joining KoA. This trend in the market is due to players hoarding & dumping. People panic when an item crashes & sell (making the price decline even further). Then people re-hoard the crashed items because they are so low. I bought 10k water orbs @ 300 coins each last February only to see them rise to over 2k a pop turning a 17m profit so... no complaints here :)

Pay attention to the items high alch value, if it ever dips below enough to make a 1 coin profit after figuring in the cost of a nature rune....BUY BUY BUY!

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 am

If you do leave, can I have your stuff? Oh, and shut the door on your way out!!!

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Lmao!

The only thing I believe is that Jagex does way too little against bots.
If anything ruins the game... It are the bots and surely the people who ruin a game which is ment for all... for nothing but personal gain

Bots might let the prices drop.. While others go back up.. But like Dr Dragon already said.. A lot of us are part of that too!

Anyway, like in most cases.. Its what we make of it...
I'm still having great fun with Runescape, and surely with Kingdom of Asgarnia!
While I see a lot of other people.. Moan about the bots, Moan about Runescape, Moan about Jagex and even moan about how much they have lost .. due not paying attention.. Not doing anything but moaning.. spreading negativity.

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Also I'd like to add his theory is ridiculous.
Surely the part where he says the bots must be coming to an end if the prices keep dropping.
As it would have no point letting accounts gather items over night.. As they aren't worth anything...
In my eyes.. They would either go for the most expensive items.. Even if they aren't event worth 50 gp...
And/or they would increase the ammount of bots to maintain their income, or to make sure they will still earn a little.
Some would do anything to gain any advantage.. Don't matter how small the advantage is.

Even the money farmers will continue as they're will always be some new players looking for wealth!

Don't get me wrong.. I really, really hate bots.. Or any others who take advantage of people botting.
But I do not believe the bots will go away if (even all) prices will drop like mad.
Its all up to Jagex and the rest of us players.

Damion
RSN: Ohfaq

Post by Damion » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Sounds like Chicken Little to me..
or are "The Mayans" the new Chicken Little?

A lot of stuff is tanking because of EOC, loss of players, and increased bot activity in previously unbotted or low botted areas (ie Mature Grots, now known as Botworms)

Getting rid of bots is a double-edged sword. If you were to get rid of them completely, you would significantly reduce Jagex's income stream, making it difficult to pay designers, programmers, etc. However, there are a lot of players that are being more heavily negatively effected by bots and are considering quitting because of it.

Think about all these recent changes for a minute. EOC, easier skilling with mini-games, pendants, lamps. All this is to help maintain lower-leveled players to gain levels and stay engaged in game. I would bet my entire savings account that Jagex now makes more money off SOF than they do on non-bot memberships. Even players who say they would never buy spins are secretly buying spins. Jagex offers great rewards for buying an annual membership...that is because they are losing members and need a cash influx.

If you pay attention to the decisions they are making, it is not hard to see that they are nervous on funds and are trying to save game. The biggest problem is that they have underestimated the people's desire to remove bots. EOC was an awesome update and people who left will come back eventually. Sure, some won't but they most likely had one foot out the door anyways.

Plain and simple. Stuff changes. Sure it sucks. But RS player put up with a lot of crap and unless there is an astronomical change, or a competing game that really knocks the socks off players and make them switch, RS will be around.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/mscoast]Add me on Facebook[/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Ohfaq][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/blue/pose/117/Ohfaq.png[/img][/url][url=http://leetsigs.com/][img]http://advlog.leetscape.com/black/ohfaq.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_12_mining2.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_01_rc_3rd.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_02_wc_3rd.png[/sig]

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm

I honestly couldn't listen to the whole video because it was all just some ranting to my ears, but this is one of those guys who is just trying to hang on to the "good old RuneScape" and unwilling to embrace change. Yes, most of us are hard to embrace changes to the game we know and love, but we are willing to adapt and step out from behind the blinders that this guy is wearing. And yes, RuneScape is declining, but honestly I haven't noticed a huge change to my ingame experience.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 pm

There's always room for bitchin', and everybody can play:
Bugs, freezes, crashes, the Grand Exchange, ads, bots, gold sellers (RWT), bad content, bad community, repetitiveness... Get yours now!
But ultimately, it all boils down to:
(c) Me

Now I'm guessing whining and making 15-minute long videos are his 2nd favourite things to do after Runescape (first world problems).
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 pm

People quit after ever major update then they come back.