http://www.facebook.com/RuneFest2010
morituri te salutant

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Re: RuneFest

Post by onezerobin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you Brad :)

It will be interesting to see how the technical side of how the game evolved: The Geek Guild :)

beckiebabe
Inactive
RSN: beckiegran

Post by beckiebabe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:15 am

Runefest - what an experience :)

Unfortunately we missed the opening speech - still queuing to get in after being interviewed by Party Pete and his photographer (Queue Skill cape to be picked up later - join the queue!!)

After we had obtained our party bags - a red backpack containing t-shirt, mouse mat, pen (all with the runescape logo), plus a disposable camera and information about the event and the quiz cards necessary for the treasure trail and penguin hunt - we were able to explore the venue. On the ground floor was Draynor Marketplace with food and drink (NO TEA OR COFFEE), together with an area with the computers for the clan wars and team games on runescape. There were tents for discussion groups, also tarot card readings, plus a magician, and an area where either ogre wrestling or sword fighting was being held. Upstairs was Varrock - no teleporting needed - with the Poison Arrow pub and the Varrock Museum, and the various sessions to meet the mods. The pub quiz was funny, nobody taking it very seriously, and Party Pete was keeping everyone busy.

I must admit we were kept busy all day, and met up with lots of people we knew from previous clans, and other people, mostly from the UK. I was told that the guys from the Golden Gnome awards were there as was the level 120 summoning guy, but since we didn't have name badges on it was difficult to locate them. Most of them looked pretty normal to me, ha ha. Some were in runescape outfits - a lot of time had obviously been spent on making these.

We had to come away before the end so missed the balloon drop unfortunately, but who needs some dragon armour, toadflax seeds, noted buckets anyway :)

Well done Runescape, we had a very enjoyable day and look forward to the next one :) :)
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Beckiegran][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose/260/Beckiegran.png[/img][/url]

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing Beckie :) Lol @ no teleports required and balloon drops :lol: I wonder what were the rewards for treasure trails :idea:

beckiebabe
Inactive

Post by beckiebabe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Avi, i expect the rewards for treasure trail were purple sweets and lobbies :lol:
I will try and find out from friends!!
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Beckiegran][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose/260/Beckiegran.png[/img][/url]

Kaye
RSN: Kayezz

Post by Kaye » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 am

Most of them looked pretty normal to me, ha ha. Some were in runescape outfits - a lot of time had obviously been spent on making these.
random pics of the normal people and the outfits people
Last edited by Kaye on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: because the boss said so

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

jesus spoiler that picture

beckiebabe
Inactive

Post by beckiebabe » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:28 pm

A lot of people didn't keep their costumes on, wore them for the photos, when they took them off they looked normal :lol:

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Normal for what? :P

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Runescape...........srs business

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:32 pm

U should use that as ur avatar lol.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Kaye
RSN: Kayezz

Post by Kaye » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:55 pm

TrixStar wrote:jesus spoiler that picture
as you command :roll:
Deep_Pain wrote:U should use that as ur avatar lol.
someone should, its a priceless pic

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:42 pm

beckiebabe wrote:A lot of people didn't keep their costumes on, wore them for the photos, when they took them off they looked normal :lol:

OMG! they got naked too?

Now I'm really glad I didn't go.

Esme94
Inactive
RSN: Esme Foster

Post by Esme94 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah, what a load of nerds attended Runefest! Some of them were really abnormal! They had actually stopped playing Runescape long enough to make an outfit to wear - how ridiculous is that?! There are a few people I can think of in this clan who couldnt stop playing long enough to eat their dinner away from the computer!!

As for whether they look normal or not - what exactly is normal? Normal is what we see everyday around us, general people going about their everyday lives. Yeah, most people in Runefest looked normal. Some of them, however, were pretty cute.... ;;) .

If you didnt get my sarcasm, the people that went to Runefest were regular people, just like Beckiebabe and me. We all play Runescape, so we're all the same. The difference is, they had a great experience on Saturday which they will remember for the rest of their lives. I am guessing you probably didnt.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 pm

There are a few people I can think of in this clan who couldnt stop playing long enough to eat their dinner away from the computer!!
Ouch! lol

Esme! You seem to be forgetting one of the major rules of KoA, we make fun out of eachother ourselves and others a lot, but no harm is meant.

I myself don't know anyone in KoA that plays RS to a detrement of their life, some may play too much, we've all had those stages. But they recognise it and take a break.

I'm a huge geek, I mean come on, I started playing a game in my early 20's and have been for 9 years now, and started a clan for that passion for the game. Luckily I don't look to geeky :P and sadly with life I've hardly played the game in the last year or so. But even tho I do get called the clan noob a lot, I reckon I can out-geek anyone if I have the opportunity. But I can still recognise a heap of geeks when i see them! :P My geekdar was beeping like crazy!

I mean come on, we're adults playing an online game, there's geek in all of us deny it or admit it, and it's every geeks right to make fun of other geeks!

Sadly IRL has gotten in the way of the game, and meant I couldn't commit to runefest also, but I'm Still a geek, you can't take that away from me just because I didn't go, and as a fully fledged geek, I reserve the right to laugh at my own kind. (especially the ones in skill capes!)