Summer's End suggestions?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Zilla
Inactive
RSN: Zilla 55

Summer's End suggestions?

Post by Zilla » Tue May 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok, this quest has been the bane of my rs existence since coming back from my break and trying to get my quest cape back.

I cannot get past the first room, hard as I try. I keep having to tele out and then, just when I have all my logs to set one of the fires, I die and lose them all or get the pyre set up and then have to leave and I lose them. I have been using the ogre pools to give me extra run energy and I make sure I run away when I hear the beast begin to attack but I just seem to end up running around randomly until I get hit enough to have to leave or die. Anyone know any tricks or have any suggestions on how to get this done?

RhondaLGilly
RSN: TheTrueGilly

Re: Summer's End suggestions?

Post by RhondaLGilly » Tue May 26, 2009 2:44 pm

To get that room done I had to go in several times.
IF (and that is a big if lol) I remember corectly: First time I would gather all the logs I could. Then get out and restore energy/hp. Go back and light one fire. Get out and repeat energy/hp restore. and continue on that way. I took telly tabs to house, then would run down to resort to refresh my energy. And go back and make another fire. As i took nothing that I wasnt willing to loose I was willing to die, but gathering all the logs first helped a lot, that way I didnt have to worry about gathering after each fire I made. (found out by mistake that you could take the logs with you when you telly.)

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm

oh, you are still in trouble with this one.

This is how I did it :

1. Ooglog pool is a MUST!
2. I didn´t run in rounds.. This is how I ran : I chopped the log, when I heard him attacking, I ran away ( u just u need to find a good angle between your " running line" and the roots. ) After the spell hit the ground at the roots and he aimed a new spell there where I was standing then I ran back to roots and chopped some. Then he shoots again but I run again to the place where I was standing before. So , it was more like running back and forth, back and forth, not in rounds.
3. Same after i got the logs, i ran to the spot, put a log on it, then ran away, he shoots to my new standing spot, I run back and place another log, and so on.
4. I personally set the logs on fire after I placed them on the hmm. .. what ever are they called, dont remember, sry.. but after each fire his attacks get more dangerous.
5. And take food with you and eat if u get hit.

Good luck!!

Almighty Div
Inactive
RSN: Mr Twitch

Post by Almighty Div » Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 pm

I used a similar method to Kal;
Chop,
When he spits - run a short distance away,
Run back and carry on chopping,
When you have enough logs for a complete fire, put them on the thing and set fire to them,
If he spits whilst you are making the fire - do as chopping the logs,
Tele.

Then bank and repeat 2 more times.

I took 20 monkfish per trip, that seemed to be ok.

jdo87
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Jdo87

Post by jdo87 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 pm

geez it seems like you guys had alot more trouble than i did, i did the whole quest with only 2 deaths. i didnt use the run pool at all either; i simply took 4 super energy pots and 20 monks; did a room and then teled out to restock

place all 15 logs before u light the first pyre, keep moving, as u light pyres the speed of the attacks increase. u can move during the cutscenes so as soon as u light the first pyre move to the next during the cut scene.

4815th person to 99 Hunter
Quest Point cape earned 5/6/2009, regained 9/11/2020

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Post by kodirodio » Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

I've died so many times, I've lost track! I'm hoping my new router will cut down on lag. I was doing it as Jd suggested the last time I tried, get all logs in pyres first then lite. I had 1 more fire to lite and died. That's when I called it quits for a while. Maybe this weekend....

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Wed May 27, 2009 11:33 am

kodirodio wrote:I've died so many times, I've lost track! I'm hoping my new router will cut down on lag. I was doing it as Jd suggested the last time I tried, get all logs in pyres first then lite. I had 1 more fire to lite and died. That's when I called it quits for a while. Maybe this weekend....
Kodi, are you saying you never finished the quest? 8O you were doing it 4 months ago :-?

Do we have a record of deaths? :P Queen Maedh said she died about 35 times...

I hope you ´ll get it done.

Zilla
Inactive

Post by Zilla » Thu May 28, 2009 3:14 am

I don't know how many times I died total but I know that I attempted to go in there and light fires about 35 or 40 times the other night. I probably died 5 or 6 of those times, the rest was teleing out.

They say you keep whatever fires that you get lit but I lit one and then died and I see no evidence of it still being lit. If I have to get all three in one shot without dying I will never finish this quest.

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Thu May 28, 2009 3:53 am

[quote="Zilla"]They say you keep whatever fires that you get lit but I lit one and then died and I see no evidence of it still being lit. quote]

yes, if you get a fire lit then it should stay that way even if you leave the cave. Do you die in the moment when you lit the fire? Maybe the game does not count it being lit then? or you manage to lit one and run a little before dieing? If it still showes next time that its not lit, I think it could be a bug.

Really sorry to hear that you are in trouble :-(

Bass
RSN: Bassjason1

Post by Bass » Thu May 28, 2009 4:06 am

I've died 48 times so far (I count by the number of games necklaces I've gone through. I just can't seem to cut logs and light the final fire. It's just too much and too fast. :-?

kodirodio
Inactive

Post by kodirodio » Thu May 28, 2009 6:19 am

Yes, Kal, I have NOT finished this &^%$^^% quest! I figured there was no point in trying until I got my lag issues taken care of. Then I was focused on a few other things in rs and in rl. Two more days of school, then I will be able to devote an entire day to the thing.

I was really hoping Jagex would do something t enable people wlith slower computers and/or lag issues to finish this quest. I'm sure that is what is at the heart of many people's frustrations.

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Post by beefeater555 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Not that my knowledge will make any diffference , but here is what I remember of getting through this part of the quest.

First, I believe I was heavy on the energy pots and light on the food for my invo. I wanted to make sure I could move so that I wouldn't need the food.
Second, You can not get in a hurry to cut logs or light the fires. I remember several times having to run for up to 5 times in a row without ever getting a log cut. I would say at best I got a log every other try. This was probably the hardest thing for me to get used to, (the not getting a log everytime). This is a very tightly timed event so if you are not starting the cutting a the exact perfect time you will not get a log before you have to move. This means if you take a drink of an energy pot, you will definitely not be able to get a log so do not even bother trying.
Third, It is mainly a timing thing. Once you get a good solid feel for the frequency of the attacks you can then judge the time you have to work with. I relied heavily on hearing the attack start when getting this feel for timing down pat. I also used this sound to cue me that I needed to start moving so I would not get hit. Keep in mind once you light the first fire the attacks come a little more quickly. Which means you have to get even better with your clicking and timing.
Fourth, As if I need to tell you, stay as far away from the monster as possible. This increase the amount of time you have to move from when the attack starts. Once the attacks speed up (from lighting the fires) I found I had to stay the maximum distance away to keep making progress. This meant having to move 2 or 3 times (so you could get to the opposite end of the cave) before being able to stop and get logs.

That's all I remember, hope it helps. I think I only died 2 or 3 times.

The second room was about the same, maybe a little easier.

The third room I just ran around blessing random graves. I could not for the life of me keep up with which spirit went into which grave. This random blessing worked well for me. :D

Zilla
Inactive

Post by Zilla » Fri May 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Well thanks, everyone. I am going to attempt it again maybe tonight when I have some time to spend on it.

Off topic: I just noticed that Kodirodio and I live in the same city. :o

kodirodio
Inactive

Post by kodirodio » Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 am

Cool! Someone else who knows what skyline is!

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Zilla wrote:Well thanks, everyone. I am going to attempt it again maybe tonight when I have some time to spend on it.
Any result so far, Zilla?