Have 99 capes lost their prestige?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Have 99 capes lost their prestige?

Post by Fluff » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:07 am

Is levelling 99 still a big deal or is RS allowing us to get capes so easily now, that it's just another thing that we think "well that's done... what's next?"? I wonder if peoples focus of big celebrations is now the max cape or higher.

What do you think?
ImageImage

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Re: Have 99 capes lost their prestige?

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 am

I still like to have parties for the ones I think aren't as easy. Not everything so afkable. It's also nice for a group of friends to get together

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

A 99 is no longer a big deal in my opinion. I don't even stop and buy the cape any longer. It makes me sad :(
Oh well, let me go buy some spins now.........

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 am

i dont even work toward 99 anymore as long as I have the skill high enough to do best thing I figure I'll get it eventually

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:37 am

I haven't bought any of the capes in over a year. I just have 3, cause they're cute. Hps of course, cause of the hearts. Prayer, cause of the angel wings emote. &.....wtf was that third one. Bah, now I have to go look...oh right! Slayer!
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

jroad
RSN: K EV

Post by jroad » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 am

99's have never been a big deal to me, I've never had a 99 party I don't see the point. I too have not collected most of my capes.

most skills you can either buy, afk or spin for.
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/x1m875.gif[/img]
Everything in life is temporary. So if things are going good, enjoy it while it lasts.
And if things are going bad, don't worry it cant last forever either.

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:39 pm

It's certainly not as big of a deal as previously, but I still think its something that can be celebrated. I'm always on the lookout for a good drop party XD
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:42 pm

So far I have just three 99s. Although I haven't announced or had a party for any of 'em, I do enjoy celebrating the accomplishments of others. It should be celebrated whether by giving yourself a pat on the back or inviting friends to join in. It shouldn't matter if the skill is "bought" or not - as long as it isn't botted it's still an accomplishment that took time and effort. Everybody plays RS differently depending on the time they can devote. That's why this game is so awesome - there isn't just one way of getting that 99. While some are hell-bent to get there as fast as possible, I prefer to take my time, have fun, meet new peeps and enjoy the experience no matter if it's a good one or a bad one. ;) :)>-
ImageImage

ImSurferRosa
RSN: ImSurferRosa

Post by ImSurferRosa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm a lil' torn between feeling if it's a big deal or not. I've been holding myself back, working towards a cape worried that I may feel that "what now" bored feeling. Zerocoollll's comment I strongly agree with as well. That's how I roll 8)
On the other hand, I'm sure it's a great feeling to finally get one. It's still worth a celebration. I know I would have that sly smirk on my face when I finally get one. I just don't like how Jagex is making it so easy now to level quicker, with giving away free exp everywhere. It was definitely much harder to get a cape a few years ago, which imo, was more of an accomplishment than it is now because one had to really work hard for it.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 am

I think it really depends on how much you've been playing. A few years and under, and 99s don't seem like a common feat. Even for the simpler skills (Firemaking and the likes) it takes a massive amount of dedication and investment to master.
For older players, skill masteries still have a punch, just for a lot less skills and with a lot less impact. Some of the older skills lost it unfortunately, others still have bragging rights. My top list would be (no order) Farming, Slayer, Summoning, Dungeoneering (@120), Agility and Mining. If you have those mastered, you are totally awesome and deserve to be worshiped.
Runecrafting also used to be on the list, but these bastards launched Runespan (few months after I mastered it!) and screwed up the long legacy of diligent training...
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Dw33b3r
RSN: Dw33b3r

Post by Dw33b3r » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am

I think they are still prestigious but a little less so with bots now :(

TimothyVic
RSN: TimothyVic

Post by TimothyVic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am

Definately Runecrafting, but it was for the best because conventional runecrafting is just awful

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 am

TimothyVic wrote:Definately Runecrafting, but it was for the best because conventional runecrafting is just awful
Perhaps they should just give you all capes for little effort? :wink:

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

syfyqueen wrote:So far I have just three 99s. Although I haven't announced or had a party for any of 'em, I do enjoy celebrating the accomplishments of others. It should be celebrated whether by giving yourself a pat on the back or inviting friends to join in. It shouldn't matter if the skill is "bought" or not - as long as it isn't botted it's still an accomplishment that took time and effort. Everybody plays RS differently depending on the time they can devote. That's why this game is so awesome - there isn't just one way of getting that 99. While some are hell-bent to get there as fast as possible, I prefer to take my time, have fun, meet new peeps and enjoy the experience no matter if it's a good one or a bad one. ;) :)>-
+1