Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Re: Summoning Goal Reached :)

Post by Sir Chris » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

Blaise";p="4744 wrote:Congrats, much respect Chris :D

Isn't the lvl 80 Hydra usefull?
I used to look with envy at the people regenerating their magic trees.
long ways off for me in both skills, but served as a motivator.
I guess it could be but not for me, i cant grow nor cut magics anyway.
Tregony";p="4760 wrote:Gratz! I hadn't been particularly interested in summoning previously, but am leaning towards training. It is kind of expensive though isn't it.
It can cost you a pretty penny, but I have made more money in the time it took me to get the charms than I spent on the training. The 70% return on pouches helps a lot.

Tregony
Inactive
RSN: Tregony

Post by Tregony » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:42 am

That's encouraging - will start training - is it fast training? Seems to raise your combat level pretty quickly?

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Every 8 summoning levels means 1 extra combat level, only counts on even summoning levels though, just like with prayer.

Levelling to 79 doesnt boost combat, but level 80 will give you 0,25 cb level for example. So, every 2 levels is about 0,25 combatlevel.

Once you get the charms, the training is fast enough. Getting the charms is the slower part.
KoA achievements

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:08 am

Behold. I've recently got 79 Summoning as well, n' I feel good!
Edit: Image won't resize, sorry for the extension. :x

Haven't been so excited since I got the Godsword! I know that if you start to compare these titans to other familiars they aren't as amazing as it looks, but just the fact that you can summon these beasts keeps me happy.
On the more technical side, it actually didn't cost that much. Getting it from 76 to 79 cost about 5m, however, I've been stacking unswapable pouches since level 73, and now I actually have more shards than when I started, covering all my Summoning in the future. I'm broke, but I look at it as an investment!
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:38 am

Grats on reaching your goal, dk :)

At least titans always look impressive and scare your opponents, even if they hit zero's most of the time :P
KoA achievements

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:42 am

DeeKay wrote:Behold. I've recently got 79 Summoning as well, n' I feel good!
Edit: Image won't resize, sorry for the extension. :x

Haven't been so excited since I got the Godsword! I know that if you start to compare these titans to other familiars they aren't as amazing as it looks, but just the fact that you can summon these beasts keeps me happy.
On the more technical side, it actually didn't cost that much. Getting it from 76 to 79 cost about 5m, however, I've been stacking unswapable pouches since level 73, and now I actually have more shards than when I started, covering all my Summoning in the future. I'm broke, but I look at it as an investment!
grats dk, titans constitution ( the scroll) is nice too, like a milder sara brew with out the deduction in attack, strength, etc.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Much thanks. It does scare a lot of people. Took a few to Clan Wars as soon as I got that level and people on the other side of the wall were like 'zomg we lost'. Quite fun!
As for the scroll, it's pretty much the main reason they're worth getting. 8 to HP and 12 to Defence - can't ask for more. I took one on a Gargoyle task and it's quite nice, the Defence boost keeps me from consuming too many scrolls, and the titan stays for a whole hour (the blue charms drop actually cover the trip).
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.