Bm Durzag Event Mon, Jan 2 9:30pm GMT 4:30pm EDT

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Bm Durzag Event Mon, Jan 2 9:30pm GMT 4:30pm EDT

Post by Twirlindana » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:36 pm

The last time we went there, we showed Durzag who's the real Master! Let's go back and refresh his memory!

We're talking about high lvl bossing here, so death is a concrete possibility.
We're going to be using discord; I will be in it beforehand (I swear :P)
We'll be using the Group System to form a raid group and the group will be made up by 10 players. WE NEED 10 KoAers!!!
We're going to start at 9:30pm gametime thereabout, but we will need to be in discord before that, so we can get ready.

There are 3 different roles in bm: bm tank, pet tank and dps. We need 2 bm tanks (a base and a back up tank), 2 or 3 pet tanks (usually one pet tank for the first and the third pets and the other pet tank for the second pet) and then we need dps.
We will decide who will cover what role beforehand depending on who is coming to the event and their experience.

Dps usually should be wearing power armour but feel free to wear tank armour if you're afraid of dying. You can choose between ranged or mage; only crazy ppl choose melee at bm (somebody's ears should be ringing right now :p ).

Here's what to have in your inv:

And you will also need a tort or a yak full of food; better be safe than sorry:P

This is what is going to happen in a nutshell once we enter the arena:

â–ªAt the beginning of the fight the arena will be flooded with airuts and chargers (for a total of 39 units). We'll need first to focus on airuts: pray against ranged during the fight, but if an airut attacks you with melee pray against melee. They hit hard (they are super airuts) and it's easy to get killed if you're not paying attention. If airuts aren't in sight attack charges, but remember airuts are our priority.

â–ªAt about 22 units left Cormes will appears on the western corner of the arena and a tank will handle it. Once all the airuts are gone we're going to kill Cormes and once Cormes is killed we will need to kill some more airuts and any chargers left.
Cormes is one of Durzag's pets and it uses ranged attacks.

Very important here: once Cormes comes out and untill he's dead, leave the chargers alone (do not kill them!). Otherwise we're going to be swamped with airuts and believe me that wouldn't be fun.

â–ªAt 0 units left Durzag will appear on the northeastern corner of the arena with one of his pets (Tuz or Krar). Both Durzag and the pet will be handled by the tanks. All around the arena there will be caged chargers; some of the dps will need to open the cages and lure the chargers to the southwestern corner where they will be killed as soon as possible.

â–ªOnce the charges are dead we will attack the pet and lower its lp to about 150k. At some point Durzag will call for the other pet and we will need to lower its lp to about 150k also. Pray against melee because Durzag could attack you instead of his tank, but keep an eye on the pets too, because they could also lose interest in their tanks and attack you, (Tuz uses magic and Krar uses ranged - Tuz's bite can be nasty).

â–ªWhen the pets are at 150k lp each we will move to Durzag and lower his lp to 750k. Durzag throws bombs and caged chargers; we have to defuse the bombs by clicking on them. Once Durzag is at 750k lp we will go back to the pets and kill them.

â–ªWhen the pets are both dead we will finally go back to Durzag and kill him. Pray against melee, dps like crazy, use dreadnips (if you have them), pay attention to bombs and cages thrown at you!

Here is the link to a guide on the Beastmaster: http://runescape.wikia.com/Beastmaster_ ... Strategies

Here is a video for beginner dps:

And here is a picture showing what will go where during the fight:

It seems a lot to learn and remember, but it is simpler than what it appears and it's fun!

You can get to Mazcab from the World window on Tuska's back (teleport to Tuska through Wizard Chambers in Lumby Swamp or run west from the Bandit Camp lodestone towards the God's carcass). The arena (Pit of Trials) is north of the portal. There's a bank in front of it, so you can gear up there.
The Group System also gives you the ability to quick hop worlds and get to the group leader.
If you have completed the Love Story quest and have 1750 reputation with the goebies you can use an otot tablet (modified house tablet) to get to Otot. From Otot run east towards the arena.

You can kill Durzag and loot his body once every 2 days. If you participated in the raid but died during it, you will still be able to loot the body of Durzag if you hit him at least once. You can also claim your loot from Fetcher just outside the arena.

Nota bene:

- have your incite off
- take stuns out of your ability bar

Ps: If we cannot get 10 ppl to go we won't be able to do the event, therefore we really need 10 brave souls ready to die and to get riches ;)
Pss: If needed I have no problems moving the event to another date
:)
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Foxynights
Inactive
RSN: FoxySkrah
RSN2: Foxyratking

Re: Bm Durzag Event Mon, Jan 2 9:30pm GMT 4:30pm EDT

Post by Foxynights » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 pm

will try to make it!

Raist Fasa
Inactive
RSN: Raistfasa

Post by Raist Fasa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Glad it's on a Monday! Def should be able to make this one!
Main Account now Raistfasa (one word with no space)
Maxed June 9th 2017

All Hail Zaros...

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Raist Fasa wrote:Glad it's on a Monday! Def should be able to make this one!
I chose monday just for you Raist ;)
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Raist Fasa
Inactive

Post by Raist Fasa » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks Twirl!

*feels all special inside*

:-p
Maxed June 9th 2017

All Hail Zaros...

Foxynights
Inactive

Post by Foxynights » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:57 pm

turns out i have to work new years so i might be sleeping by the time events start >.< will still try to make it if i can soz if im the 1 out of 10 to not make it happen >.<

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Foxynights wrote:turns out i have to work new years so i might be sleeping by the time events start >.< will still try to make it if i can soz if im the 1 out of 10 to not make it happen >.<
Don't worry :)
ImageImageImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:03 pm

It's tomorrow!
ImageImageImageImage

Foxynights
Inactive

Post by Foxynights » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:48 am

ye dw i called in for work we gona be there or at least try to be might be super tired cuz doing all nigher of sc
so ye #dream

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:05 pm

KoA unite against the ugly airut to save the ugly Goebies!
ImageImageImageImage

Foxynights
Inactive

Post by Foxynights » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:12 pm

yeah the goebies!

Foxynights
Inactive

Post by Foxynights » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 pm

at least we got 2 attempts in :D would love to reschedule for a time that we know 10 people could make it and make sure everyone is up to date on all the mechanics and strat, would be great to get a kill as a clan!

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:19 am

Alas, we got no kills but it was good practice and fun.

Ty all for coming: Aerumnous, FatFingers23, Feinex, Foxynights, Gen Blazkow, Raistfasa and K aty, particularly ff and K aty who weren't planning on coming :D

We have some brave souls in the clan! I would never jump into something like this blind :p

A special thanks also to Joedakiller and BellaXCujo that joined us!

And you were right Foxy, airuts are boarlike creatures, but I will keep saying they are cows :p
ImageImageImageImage

Aerumnous
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Aerumnous

Post by Aerumnous » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:56 am

Thanks for hosting twirl!
ImageImage

Raist Fasa
Inactive

Post by Raist Fasa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Was a fun event, ty for putting it together Twirly! As said, was good practice but yeah, would love to go again and get a kill!

Ty!
Maxed June 9th 2017

All Hail Zaros...