Total votes: 6

headhunter8D
RSN: Headhunter8D

NEX

Post by headhunter8D » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Info: 4pm est July 29th, 30th, or 31st

Currently: starting at 4pm July 29th
(mission is a go, prepare Uranus)

Hello everyone, I have been in the clan for about a month and I am a huge fan of pvm.

I really like Nex and, after asking people online, decided to write up an event/guide with everything you need to know about one of the most powerful bosses in the game; Nex.

Nex is powerful. Now that this has been established allow me to tell you some ways me and some of my friends have decided to take her on!

...but before that we need to go over some other facts that you NEED to have before you can enter Nex's prison.

MUST HAVE STATS
-70 strength, agility, ranged, Hitpoints
Now to actually enter the ancient prison you need to collect 4 key parts that can be obtained by killing members of a god IN THEIR CAMP. So if you needed a saradomin key shard; you would need to go into saradomin's camp and kill monsters there according to the saradomin faction.

After that it is just like every other god wars boss; kill 40 of the the faction to get in the big shiny door... or is it?
If you are willing to spend about 300k, you can buy the ancient ceremonial robe set! But that's not all, it will give the ability to completely bypass the 40 killcount and go straight into the bank area. To save time and resources, I strongly recommend buying this set.

This however is not going to be a enough if you want to live.

Highly recommended stats
-90 attack
-90 ranged
-90 magic
-85 defence
-96 herblore (overloads)
-95/70 prayer (turmoil/piety)
-94 summoning

Note: you can do this without maxed gear, but it will be a tad bit more difficult.

-Melee
Melee is great for tanking almost all of Nex's phases, and if we do have a volunteer they will most likely be using this loadout or something similar.
-tetsu set
-static/goliath gloves
-steadfast boots
-drygore mainhand
-divine spirit shield
-vampyrism/penance
*If you do bring melee gear, bring a ranged/magic weapon for the shadow phase as you will more than likely be moving constantly and for the final phase so that you can still do damage regardless of Nex's protection prayer.

-Magic (I typically use this set :3)
Statistically speaking; magic is the hardest hitting out of the three possible methods however it can get expensive and you will not be able to deal damage to Nex's mages without a switch.
-Virtus/sea singer set
-spellcaster/static gloves
-Ragefire boots
-Chaotic staff/Armadyl battlestaff(If you want to conserve runes with air surge)
-vampyrism/penance
*Be sure to bring a melee/range switch as you will not deal any damage to Nex's mages

-Ranged
By far the most popular, great for all around damage to everything... Just don't tank or get to close to Nex in the last phase.
-Death lotus/Pernix set
-Tracking/swift gloves
-glaiven boots
-Chaotic cbow(dual wielding)/Zaryte bow(2hand)
-vampyrism/penance

-Cheaper alternatives
I Understand not everyone has a large amount of wealth to buy or make many of the items listed above, so here are some alternatives:

-Ganodermic gear
-polypore staff
-staff of light
-Chaotic gear
-Crystal bow
-Subjection gear
-Armadyl gear
-Bandos gear

Inventory
(94 summoning, 96 herblore)
-Rocktail soup/Rocktail/Shark
-Prayer potions and prayer renewal
-Overloads
-Adrenaline potion
-Antipoison++ or Sanfew serum for the first phase
-**Runes for your best spell, if using Magic
-**Ranged switch: Royal crossbow with royal bolts/Hand cannon with hand cannon shot/Crystal bow
-Familiar: Bring a beast of burden, and summon a healer once it is empty.
-Beast of burden: Pack yak
-Healer: Unicorn stallion (with scrolls)
-*Emergency teleport)optional)
*optional
**only for mage/melee

Inventory
(69 summoning, 88 or less herblore)
-Rocktail soup/Rocktail/Shark
-Prayer potions and prayer renewal
-Extreme potions/Super potions
-Antipoison++ or Sanfew serum for first phase
-**Runes for your best spell, if using Magic
-**Ranged switch: Royal crossbow with royal bolts/Hand cannon with hand cannon shot/Crystal bow
-Familiar: Bring a beast of burden, and summon a healer once it is empty.
-Beast of Burden: War tortoise
-Healer: Bunyip
-*Emergency teleport)optional)
*optional
**only for mage/melee

Ok now that gear is out of the way, lets get to Nex herself.

Note: If we can I would like to have everyone participating use the clan mumble chat or another way of using voice communication. This is only for the Smoke, Blood, and Ice phases.
There is a helpful guide on how to install Mumble here: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=3973

Nex has 5 total phases and go, in order, of smoke, shadow, blood, ice, and... well Final.

Smoke phase
During this phase, she will use Smoke spells in the form of smoky clouds. These have a medium range and are also capable of poisoning you. In this phase stick close to the walls and AS FAR APART AS POSSIBLE.
Overhead: Deflect/Protect magic
Her special attacks in this phase are:
"Let the virus flow through you!"
- One player (the one Nex targets) will get infected. The player's combat stats are rapidly drained every time they say "Cough". This can spread between players and has a 3x3 radius. The cough resets if infected players spread it to healthy players.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT FLOCK INTO A GROUP OF PEOPLE, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING DRINK YOUR ANTIPOISON OR SANFEW SERUM.
"There is... NO ESCAPE!"
- Nex will teleport and fly through one of the paths of the central symbol, damaging players who stand in her way for up to 4000 and disabling their protection prayers. Don't worry about this one too much, as we will mainly stick to the walls in this phase.
Dragging a player
- Draws a player to Nex, deactivating their prayers and stunning them. Nex tends to do this during the beginning of the phase, and after that she usually tends to do the drag after she does her "NO ESCAPE!" attack. Use freedom to escape or have anticipation on if you are using eoc to avoid getting stunned.
Once Nex reaches 4/5 of her max lifepoints, we must kill her mage Fumos in the NE part of the area must be killed to go to the next phase.

Shadow phase
During this phase, she will use Shadow spells, which are in fact ranged attacks that look like a flying shadow. This is the only phase where she uses ranged-based attacks. You can go into the center of the area now, just make sure you don't get to close to other people. If you tank, this is the phase where you do not have to tank.
Overhead: Deflect/Protect range
Her special abilities in this phase are:
"Fear the shadow!"
- Shadow traps will appear under every player in the area. After 3 ticks, any player still standing on them will be hit for up to 4000 damage. Other peoples shadow can hurt you, so pick a direction as far apart as possible from another person.
"Embrace darkness!"
- The room will be darkened drastically, only occurring to players within 15 spaces of her. The closer you are to Nex, the darker the room will be. If you stand too close to Nex for five seconds, you will get a message saying "The shadows start to consume you!" and be dealt rapid damage up to 700 per tick until you get away from her. Make sure you RUN when you see this.
Once Nex reaches 3/5 of her LP We must kill Umbra in the NW area of the map to move on to the next phase.

Blood phase
During this phase, she will use Blood spells which will heal her. NOTE: This is, for me, the hardest phase of Nex, if we make it past here we can easily make it to the last phase. Try to get close to Nex, but always run if you are targeted.
Overhead: deflect/protect Magic
Her special abilities in this phase are:
"A siphon will solve this!"
- Nex will summon up to three blood reavers and kneel down for about 8 ticks. During this, all damage she receives instead heals her, shown by purple hit splats. Any blood reavers from the previous siphon will instantly die, and Nex will be healed by however many lifepoints they had remaining. If her health runs to 2/5th of her maximum lifepoints and she does this, the reavers will die but she will not heal from them. if anything else remember this: DON'T HIT NEX AT THIS TIME. Got that? good.
"I demand a blood sacrifice!"
- Nex will target a player, who will glow red. If the player does not move away from Nex in time, she will heal an amount equal to 100% of the targets maximum lifepoints and deal damage equal to 10% of them. It is advised to run if targeted. Nex seems to use this attack on the farthest player from her. If all players are close enough, she will pick a player within melee range.
Healing
- This ability is active from the start of the blood phase and last until the phase ends. If Nex is attacked with a successful bleed over time ability, such as Combust, Fragmentation Shot, Deadshot, Dismember or Slaughter, the hits will instead heal Nex instead of doing damage. Don't use these abilities, plain and simple.
After she reaches 2/5th of her life points and her mage Cruor is killed in the south east, she will go to the next phase.
Note: If she sacrifices the Blood reavers before she calls Cruor's name out, the health must be depleted again.

Ice Phase
During this phase, she will use Ice spells which will target all players, freeze them (if Protect/Deflect Magic is off) and lower prayer points. Keep you lifepoints maxed out and this phase will not be too much of an issue, this is where communication is key. Focus on as much damage as possible to ensure survival. At this point it is best if we can stay within sight of eachother so we can break eachother out of ice prisons.
Overhead: deflect/protect Magic
Her special attacks in this phase are:
"Die now, in a prison of ice!"
- Nex freezes a targeted player using an ice stalagmite attack, stunning them and dropping their overhead protection/deflection prayer. When the ice recedes, the trapped player will be hit for 5000+ damage. Players can use Freedom against this. If Nex is within melee range she will attack with melee, and with mage if distant enough. If anyone on the team gets trapped we all have to create an exit by attacking one of the sides of the prison so that the trapped person can escape before they get hit.
"Contain this!"
- Nex creates a barrier of ice (3 by 3 squares) around her. Players caught in the original ice barrier will be dealt up to 3500 damage, get stunned and be unable to eat. Small icicle rushes will surge from them, dealing up to 2000 damage if they hit a player but will not cause any other effects. This is exactly why keep your lifepoints at max in case you can't activate freedom or anticipation.

Once Glaicis is killed in the south west, Nex will move on to the final phase.

Final Phase
During this phase, she will only use her normal magic and melee attacks. However, they will become far more accurate and powerful, hitting massive (2000) damage even through prayer. She will cycle between using Soul Split, Deflect Melee and not using any overhead prayers at all. It should be noted that her Turmoil will drain stats off players and her Soul Split will heal for almost twice the hit she does on you. If we do have a tank, this is the only phase that we need a tank for as Nex will do some serious damage if we can't hit her hard enough.
Overhead: Deflect/Protect melee/mage
"NOW, THE POWER OF ZAROS!"
- At the start of this phase, Nex heals about 2/5th of her life points (she heals 40,000 turning it to 73,333) and activates Turmoil, giving her greater combat stats and lowering combat stats from all players in range. She will also use Deflect prayers and souls split on a random rotation(?), so swap weapons whenever she swaps protection prayers.
"Taste my wrath!"
- Upon death, Nex will activate Wrath, dealing up to 3000 damage to all nearby players. Her version of Wrath has a larger radius than that of players, but activates after 3 ticks. Run away from her as soon as she dies and you should be fine.

And that is it, now you get to enjoy the loot!
Although Nex drops sara brews and super restores more than anything, at least I have helped you get to the point of seeing her drop brews and restores.

Sources
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Nex/Strategies
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Nex
Personal Experience
Last edited by headhunter8D on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: NEX

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm

I´d love to kill Nex :)

I didn´t vote. Any day should be good for me ( or bad ).

Princess Selene
Inactive
RSN: Selene

Post by Princess Selene » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 am

Just to let you know; 30 July is a Wednesday so there (normally) will be a citadel event 7pm BST/2pm EDT - 9pm BST/4pm EDT. So I suppose it would be best not to do it then.

Also...
I have been dying to go to Nex!! WOOOT :D :ymparty:
I haven't voted also because there is no day I prefer.

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Attended: Buzzsaw100, Dea Fortis, HeadHunter8D, iCarlos, Katy, Oobz and Selene222
ImageImage

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 am

Do I get an award for most/worst deaths xD forgot to bank my key one time and got KOed
Ironman:

ImageImageImage