February 21 - Probable Bonus XP Weekend

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

February 21 - Probable Bonus XP Weekend

Post by Xardnor » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but I was wondering if we would like to have an unofficial (or official) Overall XP event on the weekend of February 21 through February 23. From the preliminary results of the poll it looks like Jagex is going to have a bonus XP weekend that weekend "for charity".

It might be fun if someone could set up a RuneTrack counter for our clan and we could see how we are doing relative to the rest of the clan on gaining XP.

Milly
RSN: Milly

Re: February 21 - Probable Bonus XP Weekend

Post by Milly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

Typical! It's a weekend I'm busy again... Wonder what the charity element will be

Dark Redd
RSN: Biniz

Post by Dark Redd » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up xard!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Xardnor wrote:Not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but I was wondering if we would like to have an unofficial (or official) Overall XP event on the weekend of February 21 through February 23. From the preliminary results of the poll it looks like Jagex is going to have a bonus XP weekend that weekend "for charity".

It might be fun if someone could set up a RuneTrack counter for our clan and we could see how we are doing relative to the rest of the clan on gaining XP.
Xar, you're welcome to set up the RuneTrack counter. You can populate the tracker using the names at this link: http://www.koaclan.co.uk/rsn.php
morituri te salutant

Sassy_Momma
RSN: Sassy_Momma

Post by Sassy_Momma » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:37 am

Nice! Thanks for the heads up Xar!!
Sassy

Image Image

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Would be a perfect opportunity to have a 4 member team Olympics again. Any thoughts or interest?

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 am

Nice. I'll have to start saving up charms, herbs and high level seeds. Darn. Just used all my palm tree seeds. I got a lucky drop of 10 of them. That is not likely to happen again soon!

Forever_Mad
RSN: Forever_Mad

Post by Forever_Mad » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Great idea tbh

Love to see me getting more xp then Fothas.
[sig]2013_Interclan_Forever.png[/sig]

[sig]2014_01_div_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_01_slayer_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_02_agility_1st.png[/sig]

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 am

Dr Brad wrote:
Xardnor wrote:Not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but I was wondering if we would like to have an unofficial (or official) Overall XP event on the weekend of February 21 through February 23. From the preliminary results of the poll it looks like Jagex is going to have a bonus XP weekend that weekend "for charity".

Xar, you're welcome to set up the RuneTrack counter. You can populate the tracker using the names at this link: http://www.koaclan.co.uk/rsn.php

Do we have an updated list of members?
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:02 pm

19 February 2014 Community mod_william
GameBlast - 24 Hour Live Stream & Double XP Weekend

GameBlast is fast approaching, and there are just a few days until our 24 hour charity live stream, a weekend of double XP and more! Here's what's coming up.

GameBlast Charity Live Stream

We'll be live streaming for 24 hours - the longest we've ever done - on our official Twitch channel, starting at 1pm GMT on Friday the 21st of February right the way through to 1pm the following day. Take a look here for help converting this to your local time.

The stream will feature some of your favourite JMods, including Mods MMG, Mark, Pips, Osborne, Dean, Moltare and more, so make sure to tune in!

To help support the SpecialEffect charity, we've set up a JustGiving page where you can securely donate to the cause. With your donation, you can also leave a message. We plan to read some of these out live on air, so if you're donating feel free to leave some words of encouragement for our live streamers!

We're also re-opening the Well of Goodwill - an in-game feature which will allow you to donate in-game wealth and items to raise money for SpecialEffect, with each 5M you donate converted into 1$, and each Bond you donate converted into $4.70. All money raised through the Well of Goodwill will be sent on directly to charity.

Joining us for the marathon are some of our Community Champions, who will be featuring on the live stream too. This includes players such as RuneShark, ScapeSkill, Illustrial and a whole bunch more, who will be keeping us all entertained throughout the event.

What's more, we'll be releasing a brand new item in Solomon's General Store, which will only be available to purchase during the double XP weekend! The new tunic - wearable in-game as a cosmetic override - will feature the '24' GameBlast logo, with all proceeds going directly to SpecialEffect.

Double XP Weekend

As voted in via a Power to the Players poll, this weekend will feature juicy double XP. This means that from 12:00 GMT on Friday 21st February to 12:00 GMT on Monday 24th February (get help converting time here) all skills you train - including Summoning - will be given a 2x base multiplier.

Double XP's all the better if you bring a friend, too. Anyone benefiting from the Recruit a Friend 10% XP bonus (both the recruiter and their friend) will find that bonus doubled over the double XP period!

For more information on how double XP will work this weekend, take a look at our handy FAQ.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm

magerpainz wrote:
Dr Brad wrote:

Do we have an updated list of members?
Mager, I'm not sure I understand your question. The members list is generated at http://www.koaclan.co.uk/rsn.php
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Excerpted from the FAQs
When does double XP start and end?
The double XP begins at midday GMT on Friday the 21st of February and ends at midday GMT on Monday the 24th of February.

Will the double XP decrease over time?
No – the double XP will last throughout the entire duration and will not decrease with time.

What exactly does double XP entail?
Double XP means there will be a 2x base XP multiplier on all skill training, including Summoning. The XP bonus for the Refer a Friend scheme will also be doubled from 10% to 20%

Will my outfits still give their XP boost?
Yep! Your outfits in game will continue to provide you with their XP boost like normal.

Will my bonus XP still be used instead of, or in addition to double XP?
No. All bonus XP will be frozen during the double XP weekend.

Will prayer altars still boost my XP?
No, altars will not be doubled, nor will Ectofuntus. Clan avatars won't give an XP boost either.

Do free players get their XP doubled too?
Double XP is only for members, but free players will receive a 1.2x multiplier instead (as will members playing on free worlds).
morituri te salutant

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 am

This is the most current list of RSNs (accurate at 18th Feb)
16sweetangel
2malicious
Ace Aardvark
Amatista
Anne Bonney
HS R
bearkin
Bam Yoo
Dr Melic
Blarny3
RepeISteeltj
Brees
Brent S
Brittav
Buffmaid
Buzzsaw100
Cally Raven
celegorn
Clerity
Crainx
Schaaps
Creepng Deth
Cremberton
CursedVyre
Biniz
Capt Pickle
DeeKay
Deep Pain
lithuania84
Denartle
Diplomatt
Dj Neptune
DoctorDRAG0N
SirEmachine
Dr Brad
Dr Death Red
Duc Donald
Ducky Fuzz
dunder_miffl
greengrrl
Ever_Clear
Flubblepuck
Fluff n Slay
Forever_Mad
Fothas
Schaap
Foxx
Frobozz
Fury n Fyre
Game Qubed
Godoffire420
golden gun27
Goronak
PvM Panko
K Graber
Gray Shadoe
Gridenough
Hackymaster
henytee
HighMileage
I bo I do I
I m d r u nk
Imp334
ImSurferRosa
ink nasty
Santa Bible
Iseedeadman1
Erebos Jax
jc_hammy
Jefurre
October Wind
Sky Plum 13
K aty
Kiddioo
King Fonner
Klamachpin
conjonc
victedsniper
lacey days
Laggy Gurl
La Widget
Loopylea
Lord_Aelfgar
Mac Dougall
Macdugal
Sea Dreem
Magerpainz
Mannichester
iCarlos
Milly
MJay7
Minion_Spawn
mysticmoggy
Myztra
Myztra Mini
nana rie
NinjaCupKate
Nivaya
Obitus Dator
Thy DiViNE 1
Oobz
Bao Cong
Selene 222
Putsters
Capn Shorty
pvm w
Rawstar
Marqain
Cause A Riot
MageRockyv2
talki toastr
Sassy_Momma
Scotty0303
Secesh
Shannanigan
shawnmc2
Signature
Wicked Sweet
SkyTeck
Sloggish
Sulphatic
sSnow Angel
sSnowAngel
Statix
Suniki
Suniki2
Tarmogoyf
Thragtusk
syfyqueen
Tehlu
The Duckness
Tis Ur Momma
Touristguide
Twirlindana
bro chichi
Viz
Web Goddess
Wolvin God
WonderMoose
Wynn Andye
Xardnor
Yalay yalaY
DionysusZero
ImageImage

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:47 am

For ease (+/- a minute, because to this day I always forget if 12 PM or AM is noon xD )
Start Time:

End time:
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:05 am

Great stuff, Buzz.

Here's a link to the Runetracker: http://runetrack.com/competitions/compe ... p?id=20545

Any missing names will likely be due to a clanmate changing their RSN since 18th Feb or because they aren't a paying member ATM.
Post here before the start of the comp if any new names need adding.

I've popped details on the calendar with a link to the tracker, for ease.
ImageImage