SotC: Build Tick 9

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

SotC: Build Tick 9

Post by Tamal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Welcome to the State of the Citadel, Build Tick 9, where I post our weekly progress building the best award-winning citadel resources can buy.

The Important Part
Cut at least 5910 logs, mine 6040 stone, and smith 3320 bars this week. Check the target goals in-game to see what needs to be worked on. Don't over-gather charcoal or ore as we can't keep them in the storehouse.

What's New
We have a T4 Citadel and three snazzy new statues by the portal.

Upkeep required
Logs: 2960
Stone: 2640
Bars: 2220

Available building upgrades (selected)
T4 Storehouse: 2000 logs, 1500 stone, 500 bars, 500 precious bars*
T4 Battlefield: 750 logs, 1000 stone, 1300 bars, 2000 precious bars
T4 Woodcutter: 1500 logs, 700 stone, 150 bars, 60 precious bars
T4 Mine: 250 logs, 500 stone, 500 bars
T4 Furnace: 700 logs, 1400 stone, 100 bars
T4 Kiln: 900 logs, 900 stone, 200 bars

*partial payment

Available customizations
Two empty combat hotspots, two empty statue hotspots, a bunch of other keep customizations (party room benches/tables, banners, doors, tapestries, sundials.) In general, I'm reluctant to waste resources on customizations until we can build the "Grand" options.

Resources
Do not over-gather ore or charcoal as we cannot store them in the storehouse, we want to finish the week with 0 ore and 0 charcoal. T5 Citadel requires T4 Mine and T4 Furnace to get started so we're upgrading those two, plus starting on T4 Storehouse. This leaves the total upkeep + upgrade resource requirement at 5910 logs, 6040 stone, and 3320 bars. We can also store 1.5k resources for next week at 15% (10k surplus) but is not included in the goals until we meet upkeep and upgrade requirements. In-game targets have been set to reflect this.

Next Week
We'll have T4 Mine and T4 Furnace. We can start making precious bars and get a head start on a T5 Citadel.

How to read the resources screen
To access the resources screen, click the Citadel Interface button (where you'd normally bring up the map) and then click the view resources tab:

The different resources are listed, along with the quantity gathered. The red bar shows how much we need for upkeep, this is the most critical. Yellow is how much we need for the marked building upgrades, also critical for our progress. The green is the surplus that'll be put towards customizations or stored in the storehouse. The blue marker (not shown) is our primary target while the yellow markers are other targets. I set these targets to (usually) upkeep + upgrade + storehouse cap.

You can find a simplified version in your production tab:

ImageImage

Here we see that there is much more stone gathered than timber, so in this case you should concentrate your efforts on cutting roots. As more and more types of resources are gathered it'll be your responsibility to check these screens and determine where your efforts are needed.

Check out available options in the game guide: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/cla ... mbers_only

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Re: SotC: Build Tick 9

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Awesome Tamal! Thanks for keeping us on track! :)

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Post by Xardnor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks, Tamal! The Citadel is looking great! I'm looking forward to seeing what the tier 5 citadel looks like in a couple weeks.

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Thursday Status
40 clannies have visited.

I think we'll get precious bars next week so we can start on some grand customizations. These take a lot of resources so I don't want to make decisions lightly. As a clan, would you rather
  1. Vote on the huge resource-intensive customizations (wouldn't be too spammy as we could only complete these things every few weeks).
  2. Automatically choose the grandest, most expensive option to flaunt our opulence.
  3. Leave it up to me and I'll post my choices here every week, you can comment if you feel strongly about it (and I'll listen).

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:01 pm

I think we should just leave it up to you. You've done a great job so far and I haven't heard any complaints from anyone. If there's something you really can't decide on, then maybe ask for our opinions. Keep up the good work on Tamal Land! and thank you again for all the time you've put into it! :)
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 pm

I kinda agree with snow, you have done a great job so far. Although I wouldn't mind a few flaunty things to make our citadel look pretty. I think that you should just go ahead with stuff, or where there is a tough option of awesome things, then post it in the thread and we can comment as we see fit.

Glad that we have hit our targets for the week so quickly. Looking forward to precious ore next week!

Myztra Roxxs
RSN: Myztra

Post by Myztra Roxxs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 pm

I agree with that Tamal has done a great job with this. I have full confidence in his desicions, and will keep capping every week at whatever is needed. Kind of disappointed that only abouta third (or less?) of the members visit the citadel every week.
* 2nd accts: Myztra Mini, Myztra HCore
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 pm

A Tamal vote of confidence here. :)
morituri te salutant

lil zipperz
Inactive
RSN: zZIPPERZz

Post by lil zipperz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 am

I say you just go ahead and make the decision Tamal. You understand the mechanics of the Citadel more than anyone, and many time democratic decisions don't determine the best outcomes.
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Zzipperzz][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/purple/p ... pperzz.png[/img][/url][img]http://koaclan.info/sigs/2011-07_Fishing_2nd.jpg[/img]

[color=#BF0040]Most of my posts are unsuitable for any sort of work, or home viewing.[/color]
[color=#40BF80][b]There is no Real Life, only AFK[/b][/color]

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 am

Yes, I agree. Full confidence in number 3 for you Tamal. You run it well, keep us very well informed and don't use the 'whip' too hard when were talking too much and not gathering!

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 am

I too have full confidance in you Tamal, therefore i vote number 3

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:26 am

Although, I would like to add, by picking number 3, it's not a cop-out or lack of interest in our citadel, just a vote in confidence!

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Like everyone else said you're doing great Tamal. The citadel is looking awesome.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)