SotC: Build Tick 1

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Re: SotC: Build Tick 1

Post by Tamal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Thank you!

We have just a hair over 1d left on the build tick.

We've had 74 clan members visit and gather 39722 logs for an average 53.7% of the individual resource cap.

We need 7128 more logs for the second weapon rack.
Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.30.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.30.13 AM.png (75.03 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Can we do it?

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 pm

So I had a question. Each tick adds a new resource/ skill.I assume to upkeep each resource will need work? Are we making what wed like to do known? Are you going to split up people onto dif resources? Only reason I ask is that I could forsee overdoing one resource and not enough people having personal resources left to skill what's needed. Maybe it doesn't work this way at all?

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 am

That's what I was thinking. After the build tick tomorrow should we mine stone? or go back to wood?

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 am

Good points Trix.

The critical piece is the building upgrades that lead us on our path to T7. Those will always be the priority; hotspots and blanket/pattern customizations are purely cosmetic at this point and will be replaced with better, fancier versions when they become available; I'd only push for them when we have a surplus to pretty up the place.

But first, a little background on resources…

There are primary resources and secondary resources:

Timber (woodcutting) > Charcoal (firemaking)
Stone (mining)
Ore (mining) > Metal Bar (smithing)
Precious Ore (mining) > Precious Metal Bar (smithing)
Cloth (crafting)
Rations (cooking)
Minions (summoning)

Secondary subtract from primary resources, e.g., if we needed 1k logs and 1k charcoal, then 2k logs will need to be cut then 1k of them turned into charcoal. As we move up in tiers, it will indeed get quite complicated to keep track. I will be doing the honors of determining what items need to be upgraded, setting the target goals using the in-game interface, and posting weekly posts here explaining the status and options for transparency's sake.

Here is the good news:

As the storehouse gets upgraded our weekly resource cap gets raised, all the way to 3k resources at T7.

At T5 we unlock the summoning plot. Minions can be used as a wildcard for any resource. For this reason I suggest that everyone max out 10% of their resource cap on minions.

You have volunteered to "hold back" helping until you can see where the effort is needed the most. I don't think it's necessary yet, but perhaps a good idea at T3 and up. I will be doing the same.

Lastly, we can do "partial payments". We don't need to gather 100% of the resources required to upgrade a building within one build tick; we can apply what we have and make up the rest next week. This will help for things like the T7 stronghold upgrade that requires a whopping 511k in resources.

In conclusion and to answer your question directly, I will be figuring out resources required, setting the targets in-game, and posting here for feedback and explanation.