Changes to clan entry requirements

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Changes to clan entry requirements

Post by Poppy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:32 pm

KoA's clan entry requirements are changing slightly to synchronise with Jagex's Runescape Official Forum's (RSOF) clan recruitment sections. (We currently don't have a recruitment presence in RSOF and want to change this.) We are a high lvl clan. Jagex's forum recruitments cut off at 115 cmbt and over for high lvl clans. We therefore have decided to increase our cmbt lvl requirement in line with Jagex's banding - ie 115 cmbt and/or 1700 total level.

Current members will NOT be affected by this change but all future clan applications will be subject to this new requirement.

Dr Brad
Oobz
Poppy Koc

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Re: Changes to clan entry requirements

Post by scootch » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 am

Not Quite Getting the Point Here. Whats the Point In Having a higher level Clan.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 am

Why not be known as a higher level clan? Downside to this?
morituri te salutant

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 am

scootch wrote:Not Quite Getting the Point Here. Whats the Point In Having a higher level Clan.
Good question Scootch, I will be happy 2 answere 4 ya :)
In the "Clan recruitment" section on Official Jagex forums is divided into 3 catagories, Clan's recruiting members 1) -90(under cmbt level 90) 2) lvl 90-114 Cmbt 3) Combat 115+

In order for KoA to "get with the times" so to speak, we have made a few recent adaptations including evolving from fc to cc. We are currently working on a KoA thread for Official Jagex Forums & as level 110+ is not an option we have 2 possible ways to go, dropping to level 90+ or level 115+. :-? So in order not to confuse new recruits looking for a clan we simply bumped the entry requirement by 5 instead of dropping in by 10.(smallest possible change) I hope this sheds some light on the choice for ya mate. The "Method to the Madness" so to speak, :lol: see attached pic below :D
Attachments
115 Official forums.png
115 Official forums.png (242.54 KiB) Viewed 5143 times

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:43 am

scootch wrote:Not Quite Getting the Point Here. Whats the Point In Having a higher level Clan.
From my understanding the point is so we fit better in with the Runescape website's definition of a "High level clan".

Edit: Ninja'd.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 am

Last time we had a thread in RSOF we got 2-3 new applications in a day.
This is a really good way to recruit new members.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 am

Yeah, good call Admin type peoples, I would rather the clan be known as 'high end' rather that 'middle of the road'. Reserved right's for the under 115 combat levels is also a good call, I wouldn't like to see some of our lower combat levels ousted. Will you be giving them a time limit or once there in, there in, type of arrangement? If I can make a suggestion that they have no time limit to gain 115cb, because they will naturally gain 115 anyway?

Andy

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

Pilgrim Matt wrote:I wouldn't like to see some of our lower combat levels ousted. Will you be giving them a time limit or once there in, there in, type of arrangement?
Poppy wrote: Current members will NOT be affected by this change but all future clan applications will be subject to this new requirement.
Hope that answers your question :)
Image Image

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 am

Being I have a life time Ban from Ruescape forums. I Never go in their. This why I asked

Sack Ya 2
RSN: Sacked Ya 2

Post by Sack Ya 2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 am

Although I am not what you would call an active member because of my work schedule and the little time
I have for RS is limited to making sure I show clan support by working in citadel , an occassional dungeon with the wife,
and penguins ( to increase LP ).
I have a personal goal to gain my fire cape with UNDER 100 CB lvl ... I have yet to accomplish this but I am determined
to do so. I still only have a 95 CB lvl and my Total lvl is 1768 .

I wanted to make sure I am clear about this change not effecting my membership...

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 am

Sack Ya 2 wrote:Although I am not what you would call an active member because of my work schedule and the little time
I have for RS is limited to making sure I show clan support by working in citadel , an occassional dungeon with the wife,
I have a personal goal to gain my fire cape with UNDER 100 CB lvl ... I have yet to accomplish this but I am determined

I wanted to make sure I am clear about this change not effecting my membership...

As you are already a member of KoA, this will not effect your membership with us. This is purely for the new recruits that wish to apply in future

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Also, our clan requirement is and/or...so lower combat level skillers are welcome. :)

Thanks for the clear explanation DD!

Nice change Admin...you all are great. :)

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Should be a good way to grab new members. Do we have recruiting pages on other sites as well?
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

We used to have topics on tip.it and zybez.net. Not sure if they're still around though.

Also it always has been, and hopefully always will be, that KoA grandfathers in current members when requirements get upped. I remember I joined within a week of req's being upped...and didn't meet the new req's...but was still grandfathered in. :P
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Sack Ya 2
RSN: Sacked Ya 2

Post by Sack Ya 2 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm

shortyp wrote:
Sack Ya 2 wrote:Although I am not what you would call an active member because of my work schedule and the little time

As you are already a member of KoA, this will not effect your membership with us. This is purely for the new recruits that wish to apply in future
TY for clearing that up for me!