Skillweek changes

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Re: Skillweek changes

Post by Twirlindana » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I usually don't take part in skillweeks because I don't like to grind and that's what skillweeks are all about in my opinion, more so in recent times. If something isn't fun why should I be doing it?

Instead of concentrating on one skill every month, why not work on groups of related skills?

Here's my idea:

We divide all the skills in 4 categories of related skills following the grouping of the 4 Accomplishment capes.
One category is chosen with a poll by all of us.
To every skill in the chosen category is given a number.
People work on the skills of the chosen category during the competition.
At the end of the competition one of the skills is drawn, I don't know using a number generator, and the clannie with the highest xp in said skill wins.

The competition could last a week, a weekend or whatever.
Events could be organized according to the chosen competing category.
And so on...
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:05 am

To be honest I don't support the idea off skillweeks. When I first joined the clan I took part most of them and enjoyed it even if I never reached the top three. Turning that period I also had time to grind for a hole week. But now I just can't offer so much time. In addition I don't play the game to reach max levels (they come in time) and when I log in I definitely wouldn't prefere to spend my play time to mindless grinding. If the contence of compeative skilling sould remain I would narrow it to weekend or replace it with minigames or other gorup activities (as I mentioned in the beggining of the topic).

Erebos Jax
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Red Anomaly
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Red Anomaly

Post by Red Anomaly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

I usually don't take part in skill weeks as if I'm gonna grind something, I generally don't need to grind that particular skill at that time, and I'd rather keep moving my character towards my goals. I think that what better fosters a sense of community is actually just the events already being organized for various things: minigames, dungeoneering, bossing, etc.

Now what could make those more effective (either the ones were already doing, or more if we want to replace skillweek with them)? I often don't join events because I don't always look at the boards to find out when they are happening until someone announces it in chat (if I'm online). At that point I may already be doing something else (or usually I'm just afking and can't actually put full attention to the game to take part). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a message blast that an admin can make each week to say what events are coming up that week, and I think that would help people know about them better and participate in more - thus justifying the possibility of more events.

Perhaps a replacement would be event week, where there's 1-3 events per day for one week a month. Maybe we focus on some set of possible events, voting on that instead of a skill (like the 3 categories I mentioned before, for example).

Just some thoughts.