KoA and botting

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Re: KoA and botting

Post by Deep_Pain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 am

I can only apologise that you've joined the clan straight into a small period of drama and my post was in no way aimed at you, but drama is like a red rag to a bull to me, I love koa, its the only reason I ever come back to rs, tbh im so bored of gaming, I started online gaming in the late 90's (and RS in 2001) and if I was to get back into gaming there are other games I much prefer, but I always come back because I thoroughly enjoy the community. Part of the strength of this community is the lack of drama, the headache free environment, so when it does flair up, I find it extremely hard not to say something. Because every rule aside, every thing the clan does.. the reason I am here is because of the lack of drama and the community.

I hope that you will stay long enough to see that it really is a great group and the whole drama thing, is really quite rare.

I'm not going to comment either way on the decision because I don't think that would be helpful, however I do trust the admin team. I hope that like many here, you will get to see what a great job they do for us and the work and commitment they give to the clan, and come to trust as do the vast majority in the decisions they make.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

YGE
RSN: YGE

Post by YGE » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 am

Deep_Pain wrote:I can only apologise that you've joined the clan straight into a small period of drama and my post was in no way aimed at you, but drama is like a red rag to a bull to me, I love koa, its the only reason I ever come back to rs, tbh im so bored of gaming, I started online gaming in the late 90's (and RS in 2001) and if I was to get back into gaming there are other games I much prefer, but I always come back because I thoroughly enjoy the community. Part of the strength of this community is the lack of drama, the headache free environment, so when it does flair up, I find it extremely hard not to say something. Because every rule aside, every thing the clan does.. the reason I am here is because of the lack of drama and the community.

I hope that you will stay long enough to see that it really is a great group and the whole drama thing, is really quite rare.

I'm not going to comment either way on the decision because I don't think that would be helpful, however I do trust the admin team. I hope that like many here, you will get to see what a great job they do for us and the work and commitment they give to the clan, and come to trust as do the vast majority in the decisions they make.
Appreciate the reply, thanks. :) Hopefully this all gets settled asap.

xNightshade
RSN: xNightshade

Post by xNightshade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:21 pm

YGE wrote:
Deep_Pain wrote:I can only apologise that you've joined the clan straight into a small period of drama and my post was in no way aimed at you, but drama is like a red rag to a bull to me, I love koa, its the only reason I ever come back to rs, tbh im so bored of gaming, I started online gaming in the late 90's (and RS in 2001) and if I was to get back into gaming there are other games I much prefer, but I always come back because I thoroughly enjoy the community. Part of the strength of this community is the lack of drama, the headache free environment, so when it does flair up, I find it extremely hard not to say something. Because every rule aside, every thing the clan does.. the reason I am here is because of the lack of drama and the community.

Appreciate the reply, thanks. :) Hopefully this all gets settled asap.
I don't see that happening anytime soon, because every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to stick there nose in and get there say (including me) xD

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:22 pm

why cant members just accept Admins decision, who cares, its a game, are you really gonna let a hard working individual have a lynch mob against them. I bet everyone, one time or another thought 'i wonder if i can get away with it', i certainly thought about it, but never did it.

I bet theres a few in here thats actually done it, but just never been caught. Simple answer is, who cares, dont like it? You know where the door is.

What admin says is final, whether you like it or not!!!

Theres gonna be backlash from this but I'm done with drama from all this crap. Move on people, nothing to see here. Seriously can we lock this thread, i got bored on page 2 of drama

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:04 pm

I can understand your point YGE. I've been a member of KoA for awhile now & I can guarantee this is an extremely rare occurrence. I have been in tons of clans, have started a couple of clans, & have been high level administration too. KoA is by far the most drama-free clan I've been in. People in this clan are willing to drop what they're doing to help a clanmate, give advice, cheer you up or whatever else you may need. They also don't fight over Avatar use or lock Citadel plots on a whim like I've seen other clans do. I hope this incident doesn't sour you on KoA because we really are a great clan! I'll get off my soapbox now, lol... :)
ImageImage

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm

I do wish I had a like button for Deep, Dan's and Syfy's post.

I know nothing of botting am a technophobe Deep can testify to this as I accidently deleted everything on Koa forums once lol...

I do not want to add to this...but if I were Selene I would not comment on this either especially as she is a colleague of mine in Koa, and she is the one who will drop anything to help others. i trust the admin's decision on this completely and I am stunned people have quit over this and saddened.

So for me I am just going to carry on and enjoy the game, and Selene if you do look at this...do not take it to heart...lets just get on with some scaping.

Love you all xxx :o)
ImageImage

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Deep_Pain wrote:
Calling someone out to explain themselves so you can decide if they are guilty or not on a forum post = drama
First of all, I disagree with you on this. For me source of the drama is that staff members and admins are ignoring justified questions and other posts of members. Could I ask for more openess and dialogue between staff and clan members? Ignoring people eventually could help to kill the drama but in many cases it probably isn´t the right choice.

Secondly I have to say, talking to Selene helped me to understand admins decision.
I don´t have any issue with that and I´m dropping the topic.

Thanks.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Dea wrote:
Deep_Pain wrote:
Calling someone out to explain themselves so you can decide if they are guilty or not on a forum post = drama
First of all, I disagree with you on this. For me source of the drama is that staff members and admins are ignoring justified questions and other posts of members. Could I ask for more openess and dialogue between staff and clan members? Ignoring people eventually could help to kill the drama but in many cases it probably isn´t the right choice.

Secondly I have to say, talking to Selene helped me to understand admins decision.
I don´t have any issue with that and I´m dropping the topic.

Thanks.
It looks to me like there was good openness and dialogue between members and admin, the first post on this thread, saying the admin don't feel they are qualified to make decisions in cases like this. How is that not open? As for dialogue, it seems to me that the issues at hand reached the admin, from members, way before this post and its backlash reached the forums.

Given the decision its perfectly acceptable to question whether the admin should be able to detect botting cases or to offer advise on how they might.. or even to say wth of course you should or should not be able to.. openly on the forum. questioning the admin is not drama, questioning their decisions is not drama, doing anything that directly impacts another player or their experience in koa on the forums is drama, there are a thousand ways to question the decision without directly throwing accusations at another member on the forums.

Discussing anything like this openly on the forums, other than doing so in a way which doesn't directly impact a specific member is drama, its always been the case that the admin try their best not to include any information on why a decision was made that in any way would compromise a users privacy.

I'm sure you're well aware of the other "related" incident that's mentioned on this post.

That was pretty much 3 years ago exactly, the thread makes an interesting read - similar drama by some members demanding that they needed to know more, this lead to the admins relenting and posting a small amount of information. That small amount of information did nothing but add fuel to arguments on both sides. I didn't say so directly at the time, as I didn't want to question an admin decision, however that was a mistake (the extra info) .

It has always been the case that admin make decisions on behalf of the clan, it has always been the case that decisions like this are not democratic, it has always been the case that to avoid drama if any member has direct conflict or accusations to make about another player that they do so either directly with that player or by complaining directly to the admin team. Not to make posts on the forums about that member.

In that post 3 years ago there were calls from a couple of members to have the system changed, to have more democracy, more involvement.

I said in that post something along the lines of: that's how it is. If you seek change, make a thread asking for change. As I said then.. in 4 years prior to that incident no one had made such a thread and to my knowledge one has still not been made since.

Its ok to say every x years when there is a decision that is disagreed with.. we want change.. to me that they only happen every x years is sign in itself that it is far from needed, that no one ever makes a thread when suggested asking for change is proof to me its not needed and that those members stayed here many years, quite happily after complaining that the system didn't work shows to me that change is not needed. However if you want to be the person to make that thread asking for change, then that's your prerogative.

personally I don't think that's needed and my post is asking people to adhere to how the clan is now, not how some IMO a minority would like it to be.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:04 pm

wow, thanks Deep for such a fierce post targetting my personal opinion. Arn´t you now the one who is adding fuel to the drama? :P

As I said, I´m done with the topic.

I know.. and you know.. we have had pages long fights on different opinions in admin/staff forum. I don´t give up so easily either.

However, right now I say, it´s fine if you have your own opinion. I suggest we just agree to disagree. Chill :D

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 pm

I know these posts add to the drama in some way, you must know me enough by now that adding "I'm done" doesn't mean I wont reply if you post something disagreeing with what I said. :)

and you know we also both love the challenge of disagreeing with each-other.

Sorry if that's fierce, but as I said drama is like a red rag to a bull and as with similar occasions I've reacted strongly against it, but always said hey everyone has the right to difference of opinion and I'm sure the admins of today would have no issue in someone making a thread asking for change/improvement. IF it's not working as is, then someone needs to make that thread. IMO it's not needed.

As you are done, I'm sure neither of us need to post on this thread again :)

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Deep_Pain wrote:
As you are done, I'm sure neither of us need to post on this thread again :)
Agreed.

Oops. Did I just post? :P

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:42 pm

ROFL.... :lol:
ImageImage

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 am

i've got so bored of this that all I now see is.... blah blah blah!

We are all individuals, thats what makes our life rich. If we all agreed with each other, the world would be a very dull place (if a little safer)
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

putsters
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Putsters

Post by putsters » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:14 am

I think Lacey needs to go in for some retraining so she can be "ONE OF US" go to the light lacey, everything will be made clear to you. Dr. Deep will be with you shortly.

Forever_Mad
RSN: Forever_Mad

Post by Forever_Mad » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 pm

I hate Oobz, this is the right place to post that right?

Nah kidding, don't think botting deserves a big discussion like this. Being honest about it is more important to me.
Yes, people botting is weak. (Especially in a skilling competition.)
But losing clan friends about things like this is even more sad.

ps. I love you all
pps. Except Milly
ppps. Sorry Milly for being mean. (Someone needs the blame.)
[sig]2013_Interclan_Forever.png[/sig]

[sig]2014_01_div_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_01_slayer_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_02_agility_1st.png[/sig]