Acceptable behaviour in the CC - discussion.

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: Acceptable behaviour in CC

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 am

Calviniuster wrote:=) Personally, I'm glad I missed whatever it was. Favorite part of KoA: no drama rule.

I will admit that sometimes I think some of the "off limits" topics could be relaxed provided people are being polite in their discussions. I enjoy a good hearty discussion/debate on topics provided people we are respectful. If a person says they are offended, participants could, and should, simply apologize and abandon the discussion for the time being. We have a debate section on forums, why not a debate section in mumble? Reasonable people CAN disagree reasonably.
I think its less about drama and more about awkward cougar talk.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Re: Acceptable behaviour in CC

Post by Blackxp » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:23 am

Dave wrote:
Calviniuster wrote:=) Personally, I'm glad I missed whatever it was. Favorite part of KoA: no drama rule.

I will admit that sometimes I think some of the "off limits" topics could be relaxed provided people are being polite in their discussions. I enjoy a good hearty discussion/debate on topics provided people we are respectful. If a person says they are offended, participants could, and should, simply apologize and abandon the discussion for the time being. We have a debate section on forums, why not a debate section in mumble? Reasonable people CAN disagree reasonably.
I think its less about drama and more about awkward cougar talk.
But I thought everyone loved awkward cougar talk! :(

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Re: Acceptable behaviour in the CC - discussion.

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

Split this to try and keep the announcement clean.

we'll take a look at how we can make the info more succinct Torri. Thanks.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 pm

what's cougar talk?
ImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I asked myself the same thing Fluff.
I had to look for the alternative meaning of "cougar"... :lol:
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Wingfoot
RSN: Lost Prayer

Post by Wingfoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:52 pm

You can't really black and white stuff like this. There is always grey room somwhere. It may be funny to most, but agitate the very few.. We just all need to learn to be more tolerable..
[color=#000000]Si vis pacem para bellum[/color]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Wingfoot wrote:We just all need to learn to be more tolerable..
It's equally useful to be considerate of others
morituri te salutant

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Wingfoot wrote:You can't really black and white stuff like this. There is always grey room somwhere. It may be funny to most, but agitate the very few.. We just all need to learn to be more tolerable..
I can tolerate a pun or innuendo here or there, but after 30mins of people trying their hardest to make a funny pun or innuendo it not only gets old, but also annoying and disgusting. And if I say something about it I get told to basically shut up and take it...that's really friendly and mature. :roll:

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am

The clan is like any family in that not everyone will like/agree/want to be part of with the convo that's taking place at any one time. What's funny/interesting to one may not be to another. That's fine by me - I just think that's what my clan button's for. I probably press it a couple times each week for that reason; I have control of that.

I like KoA for it's diversity of people still <3 and I have felt it's OK for me to ask for a change in cc topics in the past w/o persecution. If I ever piss anyone off please tell me! x
ImageImage

Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 am

Dave wrote:
Wingfoot wrote:You can't really black and white stuff like this. There is always grey room somwhere. It may be funny to most, but agitate the very few.. We just all need to learn to be more tolerable..
I can tolerate a pun or innuendo here or there, but after 30mins of people trying their hardest to make a funny pun or innuendo it not only gets old, but also annoying and disgusting. And if I say something about it I get told to basically shut up and take it...that's really friendly and mature. :roll:

Dave, an easy way around that is just to leave the chat until it's over sometimes gotta be the bigger person.. ( not trying to dig into you mate, just stating the unavoidable.. )

Not everyone here is like minded which makes things interesting and ultimately makes things fun.. I haven't seen alot of conflict in this clan.. That's why I came back. It's just how you deal with it, as long as no one is purposely trying to agitate the other.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 am

Wingfoot wrote:
Dave wrote:

Dave, an easy way around that is just to leave the chat until it's over sometimes gotta be the bigger person.. ( not trying to dig into you mate, just stating the unavoidable.. )

Not everyone here is like minded which makes things interesting and ultimately makes things fun.. I haven't seen alot of conflict in this clan.. That's why I came back. It's just how you deal with it, as long as no one is purposely trying to agitate the other.
So if a dozen people don't think the chat is appropriate we should all just leave? If that's the case why even be in the clan. They have the option of continuing their chat in a friends chat, doesn't it make more sense for them to do that rather than having people leave the cc? It sure does to me. But alas when that's suggested I'm simply faced with comments such as "get a sense of humor".

Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 am

Well, Either way your dividing the Clan... So does it really matter how you do it.. I'd rather just suffer through than try and convince X amount of people to take their conversation else where... It doesn't matter who they are.. you can come back in cc at any point and if a bunch of people leave maybe, just maybe they can catch a hint that it is an unliked topic by multiple people.

My last post on this topic.

P.S I am not DEFENDING the Dirty talk.. I am offering a quick fix until the admins make a decision if one is to be made.... I was Grilled over my "stance" earlier this morning... I don't agree with what's going on, but removing yourself from it is a quick fix..

Thanks - Zach
Last edited by Wingfoot on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myztra Roxxs
RSN: Myztra

Post by Myztra Roxxs » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 am

I often get annoyed by the CC when there are too much chit-chat in it, and sometimes when things that are non-RS related are discussed. I just take a break from the CC and play in silence for an hour or so, then I get bored and miss all of you and rejoin the CC. Works for me. :D
* 2nd accts: Myztra Mini, Myztra HCore
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 am

Dave.

We have several steps if you have an issue with a member.

firstly we ask that people try and speak to a member directly.
secondly we ask if people feel that didnt go well, or they cant do that, that they raise the issue with staff.
Staff will then discuss the issue, and if neccessary admins will further discuss the issue and if any further action needs to be taken, it will be.

I would suggest you follow that process - and in following that process, allow staff / admins to deal with the situation as neccessary.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks Deep