Admin team changes - Poppy leaves KoA

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Re: Admin team changes - Poppy leaves KoA

Post by serame » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:20 am

KoA is a great community and it's always sad when someone leaves for whatever reason. I am sorry I didn't get to know Poppy better, and I just want to thank her for all the time and energy she spent on KoA, and wish her well wherever life takes her next.

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:25 am

Dave wrote:Thanks for keeping us up to date. The only thing that has me somewhat confused is this partial statement, "However Brad, Poppy and I have had a conversation today..." I'm simply curious as to why Oobz wasn't included in the conversation. Was it due to timezone conflicts (not being able to all get in touch)?
shortyp wrote:So if I read that correctly, u asked (almost forced) poppy to stand down, even though she has helped koA into what it is today? Yes I agree there are problems to an extent within the admin and clan, but I can't blame poppy for leaving after a decision like that
Similar to what I said in a different topic/post...everybody, even admins, are human and can make mistakes/not act in the best interest of the clan. Am I saying that's what happened - no. Am I saying that somebody may be suited for a clan ranked position, then later be deemed unsuited for it - yes.
Take me for example. I was on the event's team for a short while. Not long after joining I realized I wouldn't be able to contribute to the extent required so was going to step down, but was convinced to do otherwise. Several months after that I was asked to step down and did. I didn't take it personally and still am enjoying the time I can spend in KoA, when I have the time for RS. It's not hard to stay if you admit you were doing something improperly, but much harder to stay if you can't reconcile with the actions taken.
scootch wrote:Galatians 6:7 Trix
Please don't use single lines of scripture out of context to make a point. Re-read Galations 6:6 - 6:8 and think about what the scripture is talking about. It is not talking about using God's name in vain.

Just my $0.02.

Who said Anything about that. If you read it it Says God will be Not Mocked. the teaching is about mans Fleash. So God Is saying what the fleash does . The single Line Is saying What u Sow So Shall you reap. So if You So Seed, You Get fruit. If You So strife. You Get evil that is the Point. And Dave we Have to talk some time :)

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 am

shortyp wrote:
TrixStar wrote:
shortyp wrote:So if I read that correctly, u asked (almost forced) poppy to stand down, even though she has helped koA into what it is today? Yes I agree there are problems to an extent within the admin and clan, but I can't blame poppy for leaving after a decision like that
oh for god sake
Problem trix? This is not a post to cause drama, this is a post with my opinion
It is exactly that, your OPINION. This is not what deep said, you are misconstruing a good faith transparency post made by deep into words that were never mentioned liked "asked to step down" and "forced". Does "drama free" hold any meaning to you? It's deliberate misrepresentation of Transparent information like this that causes most of the "drama" in our otherwise happy little society. You have been in KoA longer then me & as an adult should know this better then I do... What the hell man?

P.S. On the Real Topic, I will miss you Poppy & hope we stay in touch for a long-long time. You are the very nature of what RuneScape would be like in a perfect society. @};-

Zaijal
Inactive
RSN: Zaijal

Post by Zaijal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 am

Thanks for being a great Admin to KoA Poppy, you'll always be remembered as one of us :)

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:53 am

While I'm unsure what went on to change things from what I seen you were always a good part of the clan and im sad to see ya go. Been off to quite the wild year if you count the last few months, lots of changes. Keep in touch in game? :)
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 am

Sad to see you go Poppy =(
Sometimes making a clean break from a situation is for the best.
I am very sure, however, you will be missed
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

Mjoltiny
RSN: Mjoltiny

Post by Mjoltiny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 am

Man, I barely have time to play let alone keep track of the revolving door lol. I hope everyone is doing well whether they stay or go. :}

Satrianisaxe
RSN: Satrianisaxe

Post by Satrianisaxe » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 am

Wishin you all the best in the future Poppy. You have undoubtadely left your mark on KOA and hope all goes well for you in the future. Take care.
As for KOA, here's to continuing success and improvments. Let's unite and look forward; it is always the best policy.

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Good luck Poppy, you will be missed for sure :(

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:54 pm

scootch wrote: Who said Anything about that. If you read it it Says God will be Not Mocked. the teaching is about mans Fleash. So God Is saying what the fleash does . The single Line Is saying What u Sow So Shall you reap. So if You So Seed, You Get fruit. If You So strife. You Get evil that is the Point. And Dave we Have to talk some time :)
That is where we differ, I interpret it as to teaching about faith and works (helping and doing good to others in the context of faith). Using the "sow" portion of the scripture, I read it as 'if you sow in the flesh, your crop is of the flesh. If you sow in the spirit, the crop is everlasting life.'

Anyhow...this is very much off topic, so I'm done.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 am

Dave wrote:Thanks for keeping us up to date. The only thing that has me somewhat confused is this partial statement, "However Brad, Poppy and I have had a conversation today..." I'm simply curious as to why Oobz wasn't included in the conversation. Was it due to timezone conflicts (not being able to all get in touch)?
Hi Dave,

Oob was invited to the meeting where Deep, Poppy and I spoke together. He was unavailable due to real life commitments for a few days but was aware of the nature of the discussion that was to take place. However, he understands and supports the outcome of that discussion.

Oob OK'd this response.
morituri te salutant

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 am

I trust the Admin is working hard and must sometimes make difficult decisions.

Thank you, Poppy for all your hard work! And best wishes in RS as well as real life!

Laurie

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 am

Thankyou for your time and effort as Admin, Poppy.

KoA..........Onwards and Upwards! The show must go on!

Shannanigan
RSN: Shannanigan

Post by Shannanigan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Did not get a chance to know Poppy well,
always seemed like a sweety in CC but here is hoping they K . I . T.
[color=#8000BF][size=150]<3 Shannie <3[/size][/color]

[img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/purple/p ... anigan.png[/img]

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Dr Brad wrote:
Hi Dave,

Oob was invited to the meeting where Deep, Poppy and I spoke together. He was unavailable due to real life commitments for a few days but was aware of the nature of the discussion that was to take place. However, he understands and supports the outcome of that discussion.

Oob OK'd this response.
Thanks for making it crystal clear. That's pretty much what I thought occurred, just wanted to make sure what I was reading between the lines was the right information (and it was). :)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).