Nex - Cancelled, not enough people

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Signature
RSN: Signature

Nex - Cancelled, not enough people

Post by Signature » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 am

Nex Event

For those who don't know, the weekend of 12:00 GMT 26th December - 12:00 GMT 29th December is the Slayer and Boss Winter weekend. This weekend brings the following perks:

Double slayer points for regular and social slayer assignments
Double drops from the Giant Mole
Double chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth effect
Base Slayer experience increased 50%
The Kalphite King, Giant Mole, Rise of the Six and Vorago drop tables are more likely to yield better loot
All charm drops grant one more charm than usual.

What better way to celebrate, than to have a weekend of bossing!

The Sunday event will be Nex!

Shamelessly copy and pasted from my last Nex event:

This event will be using Coinshare, but we will meet world 64 before we hop to an open world. Meeting spot will be Nex's bank chest.

Please note that you can bring any style you want, but you need a weapon switch. If you bring Melee for instance, make sure to also bring either a mage weapon / basic gear, or ranged depending on your preference. I highly suggest to bring Range / Mage to make phases easier. The reason for the switch is that she uses a deflect curse at some points, and the kind changes each kill.

I will be tanking Nex, but a backup tank is always welcome. For DPS, please watch this video, this will be how we are killing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvhRZyoj2c

If you are interested in tanking, please watch this video just in case I die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaArJQi3MDQ

I would prefer for us to use the clan Mumble during the event, you don't need to speak but I will be explaining the phases as we go in there, so it's good to be there to get instructions. To join the mumble, follow this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=3973

***IMPORTANT***

Make sure you have your frozen key ready for the event start. You have to kill minions inside their respective strongholds (they won't drop key parts in the middle).

Also, make sure to buy full Ceremonial Robes to avoid needing a KC to get in. This set contains:

- Ancient Ceremonial Mask
- Ancient Ceremonial Top
- Ancient Ceremonial Legs
- Ancient Ceremonial Boots
- Ancient Ceremonial Gloves

You do NOT need to bring your gear for the kill, as there is a bank right outside her room, but make sure to bring food because you will be attacked by minions on your way, unless you wear the Shard of Zaros
IMPORTANT!!! Recharge your frozen key before the event begins! You can do this at your armour repair stand in your PoH or Bob in lumbridge for 10k per charge!

Lets get us some bank loot!

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Re: Nex - Sun Dec 28th - W64 - 2PM EST / 7PM GMT

Post by blarny3 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:10 am

I moved my event....I will be there x
ImageImage

Signature
RSN: Signature

Re: Nex - Cancelled, not enough people

Post by Signature » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Had to cancel the event due to only 2 others showing up with Jess and I. If I was better at tanking we prob would have been fine but I'm still learning.

Thanks to the following who did come:

- Blarny3
- October Wind
- Shhhhhhhh

Will set up a new KK event soon in place of this one, seems to be more interest in him than poor ol' Nex.